PDA

View Full Version : Places to Advertise

Pedagog
13-04-2009, 12:14 AM
I have noticed that there have been a lot of threads started asking for the best places to advertise, so I thought maybe we should start a thread just to list all the online places to advertise.

So I'll make a start.

Here of course.:)

www.yell.com Online Yellow Pages, Free

www.netmums.com Register for up to 5 local sites, Free

Please add others that you know of.

westbrom44
13-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Does anyone ever get any work through these?

I have only had work come through the Children's Information Centre and word of mouth.

I was advertising through the yellow pages, but never got any work, so I stopped.

tammerisk
13-04-2009, 07:48 AM
thanks forthat

Pedagog
13-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Does anyone ever get any work through these?

I have only had work come through the Children's Information Centre and word of mouth.

I was advertising through the yellow pages, but never got any work, so I stopped.

My little one that is starting tomorrow has come from Yell.com

helenlc
13-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I got a small babysitting job throught Yell.com but other wise I have had nothing but people trying to sell me advertising space and moile phone contracts.

I have had quite a few enquiries through Netmums and CIS.

Others have been word of mouth and through exchanging business cards and vacancies with other childminders.

A couple have come through Gumtree also.

westbrom44
13-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Thats interesting.

I might try Netmums. I am pretty much full at the moment, but have child going to school in September so will have a couple of days to fill.

Richard
13-04-2009, 03:54 PM
It's free to advertise on childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk) and to receive and reply to messages from parents.

loocyloo
14-04-2009, 06:57 AM
hi, i have had quite a few enquiries from netmums. sadly i haven't been able to take the children, but friends have!

most of mine have come from word of mouth/recommendation from parents/other minders/etc but a couple have come from childrens information services.

i did a blitz earlier in the year and am also advertised on these sites! i'm pretty sure they were all free to advertise!

forparentsbyparents.co.uk
hotfroguk.co.uk
freeindex.co.uk
easyadverts.co.uk
bizfo.co.uk
vivastreet.co.uk

and
childcare.co.uk
gumtree
yell.com

oh, and something i think called smile local?
i'm also registered with emergency childcare.co.uk !!!

have fun!
xxx

Polly2
14-04-2009, 07:03 AM
I have had a lot of work through my website so I would say its worth the effort to get one :thumbsup: