PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Straws
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm starting my advertising campaign, so far i have done the local church notice boards, post office, local newsagents, and mother and toddler group,
community centre, supermarket all in my local area. Was just wondering how far away from home to advertise, and have any of you had calls from advertising in the local paper before i go and waste money on a advert

LittleMissSparkles
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
CIS
Hospital Notice Boards
Doctors
Play centres is cheeky chimps
shop windows
school's reception area
library
give cards out to friends and family to give to other people
car sticker
window poster
give posters to other parents to put up at their work place
give family and spouce poster for their work place too

few more I'm sure others will add to xxx

sutherland
07-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Strawbs, sorry cant help on the newspaper ad as I never thought about this!

I sent ads to all the playgroups, corner shops etc in all the surrounding villages, and put one on the colleges website that is in the next town....people do travel to work (and college), and may prefer to have someone nearer their work place than home address so I would def do the surrounding areas.

Luckily I am on a raf camp and have so far got all my enquiries from advertising on camp and from another cm i live near. (she has been getting hers from the CIS website)

I def think networking with local cm's helps, one asked me for my details the other week at the cms drop in as she had an enquiry which was out of her area but within mine.......tbh havent heard anything from this one yet, but always worth a try.

HTH

sarah707
07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I've never put an ad in the paper... not sure on that one tbh...

CIs is my best place! And friends who know people... :D

deeb66
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes....I mainly use CIS....main listing and online vacancy list

cherry
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't forget you can advertise on Netmums webpage and also I have an advert in the Yellow pages, just one line and it's free.

Also I've stuck an advert on my front door. You never know if the postman might hear of someone that's looking for a childminder.

Cherry :)

Polly2
07-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I put an ad in the paper (out of desperation!)

It cost me a fortune and I didn't get a single call.