PDA

View Full Version : Views on which car (again) please!!!!

Jules27
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, idealy I would like a Galaxy but am struggling to find one close enough to me:( I'm searching up to 45 miles away but nothing suitable which ticks all the right boxes. So am now thinking of a Zafira (spelling?) but have a few reservations about these - would need to take double buggy with me to see if i can get in boot for one (my buggy isn't that big) A couple of local minders have them - one says is ok , the other isn't too fond of hers!! So ladies - anyone out there with a zafira who would like to share their opinions????:)

FussyElmo
12-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi havent got one personally but my friend has she loves the car but little boot space. She cant fit a double buggy in with all seven seats up she has to squeeze in in between the seats. Not sure what year it is not been much help have I:)

Jules27
12-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Thats kinda what I thought so not really an option:( Been browsing the net like you do, as think need to broaden my search re make and model. ANyone have a Kia Carens? Seen a couple fairly near me, and are ticking most boxes at the mo but have no clue re boot space? MAy have to go take a look on tuesday.:laughing: They seem cheaper than some other mpv's, we have had Kia before which hubby wasn't that keen on but then he wouldn't have to drive it as he would have the other car anyway!!!!

Daftbat
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi,

I have a Zafira. The boot space is quite limited but i eaily fit my single buggy in. Double buggies are more of a problem but i have one that fits in now - a mothercare one. Its worthwhile trying your exisitng ones in - make sure its as compact as possible (handle length wise).

With the single buggy in the boot i can fit changing bags etc on top of it.

As far as everything else goes, fuel economy is reasonable - i get 300 miles per tank around town and 400 on a longer journey - tank is about £45 absolutely full.

Servicing costs are not bad - i don't use main dealer as no need to these days with new EU directives.

Comfort is not bad, we have been all the way to south brittany last summer and no numb bums!

The rear two seats are only suitable for small children as restrictive leg room - i put my five point harness car seats there which works really well.

Hope it helps - used to have a chrysler voyager which was much better for comfort, boot space etc but was heavy on fuel and servicing costs. You can't have everything.

westbrom44
12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
I have a zafira and love it. If I had another 7 seater I would definitely have another zafira.

When I first got it, I was disappointed to find that my bruin double buggy was too long. After a little research, I sold my bruin buggy and purchased a mothercare double buggy, which fits perfectly. I actually prefer my new buggy to my old one, as it is lighter.

As long as you have the right equipment they are great!

mushpea
12-04-2009, 07:35 PM
could you fit the double buggy under the feet of the children in the three middle seats?

westbrom44
12-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I doubt it, but I havent tried!

When I changed my buggy, I was in profit.

I bought my bruin for £10 from a friend and sold it for £50 on ebay. I then got my mothercare buggy from ebay for £36 and no postage as I collected from a local seller.

mushpea
12-04-2009, 07:46 PM
would you happen to have a link to the double buggy you bought on ebay or an item numnber please, have a freind with a simalar boot problem and so it might be useful ta

westbrom44
12-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry, it was 4 years ago!

It is the Mothercare double umbrella fold buggy. Mothercare still sells a similar one. It folds up to a length of 99cm. I needed one that measured less than about 102cm if I remember correctly. My single buggy is the Maclaren triumph which is also a perfect fit.

sue
12-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I doubt it, but I havent tried!

When I changed my buggy, I was in profit.

I bought my bruin for £10 from a friend and sold it for £50 on ebay. I then got my mothercare buggy from ebay for £36 and no postage as I collected from a local seller.

you did well there:laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
13-04-2009, 12:44 AM
I love my Fiat Ullysee 7 seater or you can have 8 seats. I can fit a double buggy in with no problems. Would buy it again it's lovely to drive.
Caroline

westbrom44
13-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Are the Fiat 7 seaters about the same price as the Zafira?

My husband drives a Fiat Punto which he loves. He has it through some sort of plan and should change it every 3 years, but he loves it so much, he said he might keep it. It is blue with a white stripe which is the Albion colours!