PDA

View Full Version : Thinking ahead.....

sutherland
07-02-2008, 12:35 PM
.....opinions please.

I am registered for 4 children (3 under 5, 1 over)

I have so far filled 1 space with a pre schooler (0-5) full time (well near enough) from Sept, 2 days a week until then. And have another 0-5 space taken on a Tuesday, which I am hoping will increase to more mornings as time goes on. That leave me with 2 spaces, which I have had an enq for 2day a brother and a sister, 1 is and over 5 and the other will be an over 5 from Easter.

Thats all fine, all within my numbers. 2 under 5 and 2 over 5 from Easter

My worry is, that I have just found out I am pregnant (just 5 weeks) (ps Emma, no one knows yet other than Wendy as we trying to keep it quiet) I know its early days and I know that anything could happen with either the pregnancy or the mindees ( hoping not though as I had a mis/c last summer) but come October when baby is born that would make me over my numbers if things are still as they are now, so I would have to apply to O for a variation. Do you think they will moan because I have filled the 4 places knowing I will go over in October if they all still here, and do you think they would grant it as I would have had all these children for over 6 months? That would mean I would have 1 under 1, 2 under 5 and 2 over 5.

Hope this all makes sense?!?!

sandy
07-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi Michelle

First of all :clapping: Congratulations :clapping:

If I was you I would keep quiet about bump to start with and then apply for a variation in the early summer when mindees are all settled .

Ofsted are big on "continuity of care " so use that trump card. Letters of support from mindees parents could also help.

Good luck

Sandy x :laughing: :thumbsup:

miffy
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy

I wouldn't worry about Ofsted atm just wait and see what happens then if you feel that you could cope with all the children and your new baby then apply for a variation

Good luck

Miffy xx

fionamal
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I would wait just now as anything can happen between now and October.

Congratulations by the way on the bump!
Kids come and go so I'd personnaly wait until August and take it from there.

Rubybubbles
07-02-2008, 01:36 PM
hun tahts great news but don't worry my lips are seeled;)

Everyone has said what I would of said, about if you feel you can manage but please don't over do yourself! Ofsted won't moan, and when you let them know play the continuity of care line and you'll be fine.

At least all the money your spending on baby toys will be used by you too:clapping:

sarah707
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Good advice already given... just wanted to add my congratulations! :clapping:

Trouble
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
congratulations:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sutherland
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for all your advice ladies, it is much appreciated. I will carry on as normal and worry about it in the summer holidays!

I think having them all will be ok as 2 will only be before and after school, 1 from 11.30 -3.30 and the other only 1 morning a week......term time. So wouldnt have them all together very much other than school hols when the 3 at school would be full time...........just need to persuade dh that we need a bigger car so I will be able to take them all out! :)

Rubybubbles
07-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all your advice ladies, it is much appreciated. I will carry on as normal and worry about it in the summer holidays!

I think having them all will be ok as 2 will only be before and after school, 1 from 11.30 -3.30 and the other only 1 morning a week......term time. So wouldnt have them all together very much other than school hols when the 3 at school would be full time...........just need to persuade dh that we need a bigger car so I will be able to take them all out! :)

and you laughed my my new bus:laughing: :laughing:

deeb66
07-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Congratulations :clapping: :clapping:

A friend of mine was in the same situation as you.

She was advised by Ofsted to apply for the variation when the baby was born and that she wouldn't have a problem as it was her own new arrival that would put her over her numbers.

I hope this helps

Mollymop
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Congratulations that's wonderful news!

XXX

Pipsqueak
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
:thumbsup: Congrats xxxx