PDA

View Full Version : Bored bored bored!!!

amirose
11-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I am completing the children's scrap books, getting them up to date. I do one for everyone in my care regardless of age as evidence of what we get up to but also because the children love it and its something precious for them to keep when they leave.

Well I stuck in all the photos - I was enjoying looking through them - at first :rolleyes: but that got pretty boring and now I am moving on to writing little comments for each photo. I started of with "Here is M measuring out the baking powder it was very tricky so M had to be very careful" but now I am on the serious verge of writing the Ofsted pet hate "M on the swing" "M cooking" etc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think that warrants a break!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
11-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I do that but online and then copy and paste each photo in to the individual folders - that way you only do the comments once.

Saves on ink too!

amirose
11-04-2009, 09:58 AM
I like the idea of doing it online (and having to only write the comments once!) some of my parents don't use a PC though and what I hope to do is put the scrap books with all the other books so they can look through them like a story. I don't know ask me when I have been doing this longer I may change my mind!!!

Well K's and M's are done just S's and T's to do :panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I like the idea of doing it online (and having to only write the comments once!) some of my parents don't use a PC though and what I hope to do is put the scrap books with all the other books so they can look through them like a story. I don't know ask me when I have been doing this longer I may change my mind!!!

Well K's and M's are done just S's and T's to do :panic:

I give a copy of the photo's on a disc at Christmas showing the year - they can always watch through the tv

haribo
11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
can i ask where you get your scrap books from ive just picked a new one up in a charity shop and its got different coloured pages but need some more sturdy ones

amirose
11-04-2009, 06:09 PM
can i ask where you get your scrap books from ive just picked a new one up in a charity shop and its got different coloured pages but need some more sturdy ones

I have the wilkinsons value A4 hard back books, they are £1.19 each and have 80 pages.

sue
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I give a copy of the photo's on a disc at Christmas showing the year - they can always watch through the tv
Thats what l do and my parents love it done this for last 3 years put video in as well its a great way of letting parents see the changes in thier child :jump for joy: