PDA

View Full Version : gardens

Helen79
11-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm looking at doing up our garden before the summer, it's only a tiny patch of grass with a raised flowerbed (full of weeds not flowers though lol) ) so we don't get out there much as it's too small.

I'm going to get rid of the grass and flower bed so we have more room to play but can't decide what to put down. Don't want grass cos the babies can't use it if it's wet but not sure what else we can use.

we're trying to sell the house as well so needs to look nice as well as being practical for the kids to play on.
Any ideas?

Pedagog
11-04-2009, 09:23 AM
If you are selling the house then I would stick to grass.

mushpea
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
how about sticking to grass and using some groundsheets and blankets for the little ones or investing in some of the all in one sutis from the childminding shop then if they crawl on the grass they will stay clean and dry these also come in handy for messy play sessions. dosent seem a lot of point in spending money on your garden if you are moving. you could get the children to help you to weed the garden bit then plant some nice cheap flowers so that it looks good when prospective buyers come.

rickysmiths
11-04-2009, 11:59 AM
I agree stick to grass if you are selling. You can use rugs for the little ones with a tarpauline under if its damp. Even get a couple of the picnic blankets with the waterproof bottoms. I got mine from M & S last year, free when I bought salad and deli stuff.

What about getting the children to plant some flowers and veg in the raised bed?

haribo
11-04-2009, 01:06 PM
i only had a small patch too which was always wet so i had artificial turf put down. dont kow if you would want to do that if youre selling as its quite expensive but its amazing ,the kids can play out almost anytime as it doesnt get soggy and it looks nice too plus no mowing:clapping: it may be a good selling point too , some people hate the idea of it but change their mind when they see it lol