PDA

View Full Version : Oh to be wnated

Shirlwith3
11-04-2009, 06:52 AM
I received a email form a manager of a new preschool near me asking me if I was still interested in a job as a assistant playworker starting end of April thning is I was sort of interested but the hours clash with isla going to her preschool.
Then yesterday early evening I got a call from a lady who I care for 2 of her 3 children last Aug while she had driving lessons wanting care for her nearly 8yr old & 4yr old daughters & baby is going to a fellow childminder round the corner, anyway she is wanting care for before & after school/ nursery for the 2 girls only trouble I have is that the in sept & my youngest start school but my Isla is going to a different school to to the 2 girls which is going to mean a lot of running around, also both mum & dad work shifts they always know what shift they are on 2 weeks in advance which might mean I might have to pick girls up at 7am mum has said she is willing to pay extra for this. she is coming on Monday to see me, oh & she ould like girls to start on tue next week. This would be a good amount of money just a lot of traveling about from september.

Shirl

fionamal
11-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I would take on the 2 girls as anything can happen between now and Sept and its atleast a wage coming in , in the meantime.

You can always say to the parents that come Sept it will mean alot more running about and you will have to try it and see how it fits in with your own family school times etc.

Good luck with it.

huggableshelly
11-04-2009, 07:49 AM
I would go with the 2 girls too but also check out the school pick up times they might be a difference of 10 mins here or there so might be easier than you think do to the mad dash.

Personally though if it were me I would only pick up from the one school as I hate rushing around!

helenlc
11-04-2009, 07:54 AM
I agree - take on the 2 girls and say to parents that you will see how the school run goes in September nad take it from there.

Can I ask why the baby is going to another cm? Do you not have space for the baby as well? Justbeing nosey :blush:

My friend has 3 children and when she looked at childminders, it was hard to find one to accomodate all 3 together (when they were younger anyway). They now all go to the before and afterschool club.

miffy
11-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Good luck whatever you decide to do

Miffy xx

Shirlwith3
11-04-2009, 08:16 AM
I could have taken on all 3 but I would have had to get a variation for the 4yr old till she starts school full time around the middle of sept. She went to my friend first she cant do the same school either as her children go to the same school as Isla plus she didn't have the space for the other 2 chidlren she also went to another chidlminder friend who goes to the same school but refused to go & pick the children up on the odd day at 7am (mum is willing to pay extra for this). the both school times are the same :panic: I was talking to one of my friends on facebook earlier & she said the lady had a childminder but she truned round & said she couldn't have the girls any more plus this minder was not a nice lady either, I know as I used to do school run to school these gilrs go & I really don't want to be running around too much as I was really looking forward to walking Isla to school not having to go in the car so to save fuel ( have a espace).

WEll will see what happens on Monday
Shirl

Chatterbox Childcare
11-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Good luck with these, hope they all work out

aly
11-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I received a email form a manager of a new preschool near me asking me if I was still interested in a job as a assistant playworker starting end of April thning is I was sort of interested but the hours clash with isla going to her preschool.
Then yesterday early evening I got a call from a lady who I care for 2 of her 3 children last Aug while she had driving lessons wanting care for her nearly 8yr old & 4yr old daughters & baby is going to a fellow childminder round the corner, anyway she is wanting care for before & after school/ nursery for the 2 girls only trouble I have is that the in sept & my youngest start school but my Isla is going to a different school to to the 2 girls which is going to mean a lot of running around, also both mum & dad work shifts they always know what shift they are on 2 weeks in advance which might mean I might have to pick girls up at 7am mum has said she is willing to pay extra for this. she is coming on Monday to see me, oh & she ould like girls to start on tue next week. This would be a good amount of money just a lot of traveling about from september.

Shirl
do they finish/start at the same time??
only i do to schools and thankfully my boys finish about 20 mins before my mindees so get that bit extra time going between 2 schools.

ORKSIE
11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Hope it all works out for you :thumbsup:

Shirlwith3
13-04-2009, 11:00 AM
WEll I have just got a signed contract starting tomorrow for 2 girls, one is nearly 8yrs & the other hasjust turned 4yrs old, mum & dad have worked out a shift rota of when I am to have the girls so some days I will have the girls between 7am - 6.30pm but not every day will they be like this as there could be days where I won't have the girls like next week I will not have them for 2 days.

I was wondering should I charge for those days I am not needed & how much? as every day varies in hours

Have said I might have problems with drop of & pick up from school in sept, mum said she will see if she can sort something out for then as there is no way I can be in 2 places at the time as the school time are the same & I am not doing what my hubby said & let my own daughter walk into school by herself she is only 4yrs old.

One thing is good is the money

Shirl