PDA

View Full Version : Quality first course

codieno1
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
hi everyone was looking abit of advice im doing qf have got through level 1 ok now im stuck on level 2 page 3.11 i just cant get my head around this lol has anyone else completed this section yet ? many thanks

sarah707
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
What's the question? :D

Pipsqueak
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Equal chances bit??? (funnily enough I had my QF portfolio in front of me)

What positive images do you provide around your setting?
ie/ your dressing up and role play - boys and girls can freely choose (and are not discouraged from) choosing - ie a girl being a builder, a boy being a ballet dancer
Books and other media showing people in wheelchairs playing/participating sports/jobs etc

A policy showing that you treat each person with equal concern.
You actively challenge discriminatory behaviours, you talk to the children about each person has the same opportunities etc

2nd bit:

I ensure that all children have access to a full range of activities by:

identifying each childs likes, dislikes, strengths areas to work on etc.
gently introduce new experiences and activities, using postive reinforcement for trying, joining in, sharing etc
Adapting your acvitiy to include all - ie/painting, thicker handled brushes for younger children, finer for older, and you can sit the baby on your lap so they can see whats going on and for older babies - help them to do finger painting.
Ensuring your setting is accessible, looking at places you visit to ensure that all members of your setting will be able to access.

Remember the QF is how you run your setting and the above are just ideas to set you on the right track.

xx

miffy
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM
That sounds brilliant Vik

Hope you get it sorted codie

Miffy xx

codieno1
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
many thanks for that !!! get back on track again

codieno1
07-02-2008, 01:42 PM
thats similar to what i wrote for those 2 they are page 3.13 in mine its the first page 3.11 that im abit stuck on.

Pipsqueak
07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
oops -
Some children encounter stereotyping:

gender: an assumption that one gender does not/can't do eg/play football, can be a scientist, play with dolls, boys like getting dirty girls don't

ethnic.... - assuming:
_someone of a particular background would not want to join in ie/ nativity at school, _traveller children - are not educated, are thieves etc
_asian children will end up working in shops

disability - assuming - not being able to participate
cannot fully understand or contribute
eg- child with asthma cannot play sports

sarah707
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Think I'll just leave you to it Vik... you're cooking today! :jump for joy:

codieno1
08-02-2008, 11:03 AM
many thanks vik for ur help !! im sure u will here from me soon again lol