PDA

View Full Version : chalkboard wall

Blackhorse
09-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi,

I am going to turn one wall in my hall into a gigantic chalkboard wall.
I have done the cupboard door already but still have to plaster the wall to get rid of the artex before I can paint chalkboard paint on it...

my dd alreay loves it and I have to admit I love it too!!
(you see I am really just a big kid myself...haha)

Here is how it is looking so far:
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/KnutDasElch/childminding/

Willowdancer
09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Fantastic!! I may do that in my porch when it gets redecorated. It has horrendous tongue and groove effect polystyrene tiles all over it that have been there since a long time before we moved in I would guess!!

nell57
09-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Looks fab.

Not sure if dh would appreciate it if I suggested having it in the hall way though:D

ORKSIE
09-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Cool looks Fab:clapping:

haribo
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
that looks great :clapping: i was nosy and looked at the others i love that little desk and chairs ca i ask where theyre from:blush:

Blackhorse
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
that looks great :clapping: i was nosy and looked at the others i love that little desk and chairs ca i ask where theyre from:blush:

not many pictures there yet though :o ...
yeah the table and chair set is fab... I was looking around for ages as I wanted something to suite nearly all ages. so I chose this one which says it is 3+ (my dd loves it too..she is only 14 months but has a booster seat strapped to one of the chairs and now feels like a big girl...)

This is where I bought it...not the cheapest I found but I have to say I like the quality of it and I am hoping that it will last me for a long time!!

http://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/storage_tables_chairs_playtables_chairs/Natural-Avalon-Table---Buy-with-4-Chairs,-SAVE-£40/2373

FussyElmo
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks fab.

Not sure if dh would appreciate it if I suggested having it in the hall way though:D

Yeah me neither looks fab though wonder if I can talk him into a bit under the stairs:idea:

Blackhorse
09-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah me neither looks fab though wonder if I can talk him into a bit under the stairs:idea:

it actually was my dp that chose the colour... he was all for it as he says the hall isn't really used for anything anyways...but it has to be said he is really supportive of most of the nonsense I am up to...

Polly2
09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
It looks great :clapping: Where did you get the blue paint from? We could only find black.

We are doing a giant black board outside but I love the idea of an indoor one and that colour looks great!

Blackhorse
09-04-2009, 09:12 PM
It looks great :clapping: Where did you get the blue paint from? We could only find black.

We are doing a giant black board outside but I love the idea of an indoor one and that colour looks great!

we got the paint in B&Q...

they had blue, black and pink!!

Demonjill
09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Thats fab :thumbsup:
I was gonna do this a while back but never got round to it. Mite just have to jog DH memory and get him to do it now. lol
Thanx for the reminder:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
09-04-2009, 10:00 PM
not many pictures there yet though :o ...
yeah the table and chair set is fab... I was looking around for ages as I wanted something to suite nearly all ages. so I chose this one which says it is 3+ (my dd loves it too..she is only 14 months but has a booster seat strapped to one of the chairs and now feels like a big girl...)

This is where I bought it...not the cheapest I found but I have to say I like the quality of it and I am hoping that it will last me for a long time!!

http://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/storage_tables_chairs_playtables_chairs/Natural-Avalon-Table---Buy-with-
4-Chairs,-SAVE-£40/2373

Thanks for that I was going to ask as well. It is a lovely table and chair set. I might get six chairs though. It says they fit but how do you think six would work? Would it be too much of a squeeze?

FussyElmo
10-04-2009, 06:12 AM

Ok stupid question if you were to do one outside is it ok just to leave it out or would it just get trashed by the I have a nice garden fence which is just sitting there:idea:

uf353432
10-04-2009, 08:19 AM
I have a chalk board wall in my kitchen as well. The top half I use to write shopping lists etc, and the girls chalk and doodle on the bottom half - its ace. The chalks are in a pot suspended from it so they can doodle when they want.

helenlc
10-04-2009, 09:24 AM
I have often suggested this to DH but his view is that the kids will draw anywhere and not just on the specified chalk board area.

I may well go for a big one in the garden, attached to my shabby looking fence!! The kids love playing with the chunky chalks and are often drawing roads etc on the patio. DH doesnt object to this as the rain washes it away, hence maybe suggesting an outside one.

(I already have the blackboard paint ready for when I get him round to my way of thinking - as I nearly always do!!!!:laughing: :laughing: )

Heaven Scent
10-04-2009, 09:38 AM
My DH would go mad if I did something like that - mind you I'm not likely to either only had the landing hall and stairs re-decorated last year and wall paper was £35.00 per roll.

I was thinking of painting a fence panel in the garden black or a wall of the wendy house and they could use that. He even hated our own two chalking on the patio or drive when they were little - he hates any mess but makes enough of it himsel and never tidies up.

Anyway I've written this in the car on the way to Holyhead.

Traffic has come to a standstill need to log off here and see if I can find out whats up.

Polly2
10-04-2009, 11:52 AM
My hubby has painted some hardboard with a few coats of gloss paint to seal it then he is going to paint it with the blackboard paint.

It says its ok to leave out doors so we will try it!

I will have to see what colours our local b&Q have

Thaks for that :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
10-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that I was going to ask as well. It is a lovely table and chair set. I might get six chairs though. It says they fit but how do you think six would work? Would it be too much of a squeeze?

ok I went downstairs to see if it would fit 6 chairs and I think it would.
I have rearranged the chairs to sit 2 side by side and it seems ok
I have taken some pictures so you can judge for yourself...

(excuse the mess around but my dd was having a good day...and I am obviously to busy on the forum to go and tidy it up:laughing: )

here is the link to the pics
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/KnutDasElch/childminding/

haribo
10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
thanks blackhorse its a gorgeous set im going to order one i think:clapping: and the blackboard paint looks good too :clapping:

Polly2
10-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Just spoke to hubby and he said he has used wpb 9mm plyboard exterior for our out door black board. Got it from builders merchants.

Hopefully it will be weather resistant

Monkey1
10-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Lovely idea but i have to ask...........your hall???????????
My hubby would see that for grounds for divorce!

Blackhorse
10-04-2009, 01:09 PM
hihi..if he told me it would be grounds for divorce I would tell him to propose first as I am still waiting LOL!!

Nope he was fine though...
I started off wanting to do a little patch in the living room (madness I know) and he didn't like that.
So our compromise was to do the hall and he likes it now that it is done (well nearly anyway..only finished the door so far)
and he saw that dd likes it too so he is happy

tbh he is a computer person and as long as I don't paint the screen of his PC I sometimes think he doesn't care what the house looks like!

uf353432
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM
If you use something like a marine ply for outside boards - its weather resistant. :)