PDA

View Full Version : The inspctor has called; Can everyone give me a rough list of all the paperwork???

mindermummy
09-04-2009, 04:54 PM
...they will be looking for??

Ie My friends keep saying oh you need to get it all done...and im sure i have done LOADS of paperwork..now questioning it!!! LOL

I have all m,y policies
references folder
Fired drills
Emergency procedures
Risk assesments
Daily routines
All my learning journals.

Any other stuff lease advise me.

Thanks all.xxxx

christine e
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Assume you have completed SEF!

Angel has posted a thread today which might be useful to you

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27883&highlight=ofsted

Cx

sarah707
10-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Many inspectors pick one file and check it thoroughly.

They look for signatures, dates, things filled in properly, notes about allergies and illnesses, info from parents about childrenĀ“s starting points, medication and accident forms, your obs assessments and planning for the child etc...

Make sure every i is dotted and t crossed.

good luck! :D

Chatterbox Childcare
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Don't forget your policies. Like Sarah my inspector picked out a file. She wanted to see partnership with parents and other settings, where I had shown an obs and then the evidence of the planning for the next week. She suggested that I use a highlighter on the obs and then highlighted the planning in the following week to show this and if more than one child, then use different colours.

I also showed her what training I had done with evidence, certificates etc... and she was interested in the EYFS file I gave to parents explaining what it is (took a lot of this from my DCP and ECP)

Good luck when she comes

Mouse
10-04-2009, 10:56 AM
My inspector looked through every single piece of my paperwork! I would say re-read everything you have, make sure it makes sense & that you have evidence to show you do what you say you do.

Allie
10-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I gave the inspector the all children's information files and realised afterwards these were not in date order eg the old contracts were mixed up with the new. A few minutes before she came would have sorted it, luckily I was not marked down and she liked the fact I kept all the old records.

Allie