PDA

View Full Version : How's it been for you?

Pauline
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Well first week of Easter school hols is over for us PHEW!

Wasn't too bad, at least the weather was fairly good.

We've been to the river and the nature reserve this week (Risk assessments fully completed :D) Graham made spotting sheets (not spotted sheets like Angel thought!) but sheets with pictures of things we might spot.

Even the little ones enjoyed 'ticking' off the things they had seen - excellent mark making obs completed!

Today we've been to see a variety of animals and snakes.

We've also made paper plate Easter Bonnets, easter chicks, eaten hot cross buns and had fun.

Think we have covered every Early Learning area. Hope you've all had a good time too!

Happy Easter! :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
09-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Spent most of the time down the nature reserve or the park Im lucky no EYFS apart from my own so havent had to give that a second thought:clapping:

Not back at work till Thursday so yay got a bit of time off:).

The girls have designed t shirts and we have set up a hairdressing studio while I have crimped and curled to an inch of their lives even my ds (20 has had a curl put in lol)

Hope everyone else has had a good first week!!!!

Alibali
09-04-2009, 04:40 PM
That's our first week over too, and it was a breeze. I only had 2 mindees mon, tues, wed and one today and now I AM ON HOLIDAY:clapping: :clapping:

Easter crafts, outings to park, soft play and skating, no school runs. This is when I love my job best:)

Mollymop
09-04-2009, 04:59 PM
I spent most of our time at the park and doing lots of Easter crafts and activities and it didn't go too badly considering I hate to work the school hols.

I now have a week off!! So I will be thinking of you girls hard at work when I get put of bed at 9 in the morning all next week:clapping:

avril
09-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm exhausted :( Only had my own children to run around after too:D
Monday we visited the local park that still was not open, they are doing up the play area so visited another park - football etc.. along with us.
Tuesday we went to the pine woods in the morning swimming in the afternoon and then played in the garden
Wednesday at a children party in the bowling alley
Thursday (today) went to Skipton in Yorkshire with my Mum and Dad went on a barge trip on the canal had a pic nic then visited the castle.
Friday (tomorrow) make a mental note hand the children over to hubby :laughing: Only joking we are off to Rufford Hall for an easter egg hunt with the national trust.

So as you can see I have been sooo busy, I'd rather be working I think:cool:

Fairydust
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Thats me off now for a whole week!:clapping: Have had quite a stressful week - finding it really hard to amuse my after-schoolers from 9-5pm, although I had loads planned - egg hunt, made easter bonnets, treasure trail, baking, park etc. I still dreaded the words "what are we doing next?" Grrr......! The weather in Scotland has been wet wet wet today but we decorated eggs & made nests but I let them have a movie in the afternoon which seemed to go down well with the older mindees - bought popcorn & made tickets just like the "movies". Feel so relaxed now even though its pouring with rain outside - cos I dont care cos I'M ON HOLIDAY!!!!!:laughing:

helenlc
09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Mine has been tiring - mosty due to an 8 yr old mindee that I only have holidays who has spent most of his time niggling my 9 yr old daughter, moaning he's bored, telling porky pies or sitting around with a face like a wet weekend......

DESPITE us doing soft play, the cinma, the park twice, a visit to the Children's Centre, a whole day in the garden on Monday, decorating Easter baskets, painting and planting plant pots, etc etc.

And as well as that I have his 3 yr old brother full time all year round and he has done well apart from not liking sharing the toys that he is used to having to himself while everyone else is normally at school!! 5 time outs today - 3 of them one after the other because he kept disturbing my 9 yr old and the 8 yr old playing nicely (for a change!) together on the road mat!

Dont get me wrong, it hasnt all been bad but that bad moments seem to stand out more than the goo dones as they're the most draining. My kids have done realy well this week and we just went to McDonalds as a treat for dinner.

THANK GOD FOR LONG WEEKENDS!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Twinkles
09-04-2009, 05:32 PM
We've had a feb time , I love the holidays.
We went for walks , spent time in my friends enormous garden , made Easter nest cakes and many , many crafts.
All in all although we did so much more than if it were term time , not having to stick to someone else's schedule ( ie school ) is sooo nice.

nannysue
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
The week has not been so bad , up until today the weather has been great so we could get out and about, Its a bonus living 2 mins from the beach/park/swings. Yesterday exhusting only because only had girls and they bickered constantly all day. There was always one or the other moaning about the other ones !!!:eek: Today just boys 3,4 & 5 what a difference :) even though it has poured all day they have been so good. Our school has added 4 extra days onto the holidays so a while to go yet.

I think we all deserve a well earned rest :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
09-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Have had a pretty stress free week, apart from one little screamer:eek: but thats another story:)
Made Easter cards,nests,choc rice crispy cakes, been to park and local nature reserve. Phew im wacked:eek:
Happy Easter:thumbsup:

Mouse
09-04-2009, 06:12 PM
We've had a fab week. Spent most of it in the garden or out & about. The children have all enjoyed themselves & gone home worn out, so happy parents as well :laughing:

Willowdancer
09-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I am exhausted!! My 2 new mindees started on Monday and I've had them 8.30 to 4.30 Mon-Weds and 8.00 to 5.00 today.

We've been to the park more times than I can remember, baked cakes, decorated paper crowns, made playdoh, made puppets (for the cardboard puppet theatre I picked up in Ikea for the enormous sum of £1), went to a cafe for milkshake and cakes, pottered around the shops and did general slobby stuff like play with the Wii and DS consoles.

Got 5 days off now as they're not back with me until next Wednesday - just enough time to get the house straightened back up and a bit of planning done before the cycle starts again :laughing:

rickysmiths
09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I've had a fab week, on holiday!!:clapping: Very relaxing, hot weather in Berlin, lots of walking, good food, beer and early nights.

It looks like I'm going to be working next week when all of you are having a relaxing time:clapping: Quite a slow week for me 2 a day for three days and 3 for the forth, looks like the weather is going to be good so we will be down at the Aqua Drome, in the garden and out for walks.

Pauline, I love the idea of 'Spotting Sheets', do you mind if I copy it?
I think the 2 I have nex t week would love that. I do a similar thing when we go shopping so they can join in.

Monkey1
09-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad this week is over with! I am dun in! Looking forward to having four days off!

LisaH
09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Yep 4 lovely days off for me now too after a very busy week of easter crafts, baking and outings!! Phew:)

Pauline
09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Pauline, I love the idea of 'Spotting Sheets', do you mind if I copy it?

Not at all - enjoy! :)

TheBTeam
09-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Glad the week is over, i am finishing next week with the two hardest work mindees, and it can not come a day too soon!!!!!!!!!!! I have had payment hassles, child hassles, and even my own kids have given me grief!!

Weather has been good, and only a week to go!!!:D :D :D

miss mopple
09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Its been really good for me :D Have had 5 mindees plus my two but its all gone smoothly :thumbsup:

Monday we played at home, hit the park and went to an easter craft session at the leisure centre

Tuesday I took 6 to Marwell Zoo. We had a wonderful day :clapping:

Wednesday we went to a friends for easter crafts and an egg hunt

Today I had an ex mindee here for the day and the rest were so pleased to see him they played happily for ages, then this pm we went to a family fitness and fun session which was fab but I coudnt join in as it hurt my back :( . The kids loved it though and all went home weary :D

Lady Haha
09-04-2009, 07:40 PM
This week has flown by! Well, apart from the last three hours of today which seemed to go on forever! We have been to softplay, bowling, library for crafts and the cinema as our outings. We have made Easter baskets, easter bunny pouches and photo frames. Kids have spent ALOT of time inthe garden, even today in the rain! I had three on Monday and Tuesday and five yesterday and today. Everyone got on okay most of the time! Today we made the photo frames and as a twist from the normal pic of themselves in it for mum, I said they could either do that OR have a pic of their friend in it instead for themselves. They liked the idea and four went home with friends in their frames! I am looking forward to the next four days though! All starts again on Tuesday!

nell57
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Its not been too bad and the weeks gone fairly quick. Wont pretend I'm not happy I've finished for over a week from today though:jump for joy: :clapping:

Hope you all have a good break:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Everyone is shattered so this must be a good sign that we have been having a very hectic time.

I am now off to bed at 9.20pm as I am as tired as the children.

estrelas
09-04-2009, 08:53 PM
well i am pooped!!! and working tomorrow :eek:
and next week

Only minding three weeks so this has been my biggie week, loving it but completely wacked.

My house is also suffering from a glitter explosion or two :laughing: :laughing:

we've been lucky to get out every day tho, we've walked miles searching for frogs! my mission is tire them in the morning, chill in afternoon x

Toothfairy
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Not bad. its gone quite quickly realy.
We have made Easter Chicks, a Gingerbread House out of a giant box and we have been Pond Dipping.
Only working Tues, Wed & Thurs next week then we are going away for a long weekend. :jump for joy:

Bananabrain
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm sooooo glad I found this forum! it's so nice to know I'm not the only one who's exhausted.

I've had five ,four of whom are fantastic,had a lovely time having picnics and big bowls of bubbles in the garden.{they discovered that dipping the plastic tennis rackets in the bowls makes loads of bubbles}:laughing: so it was bubble city in the garden!

Only snag is when you add the tazmanian devil into the mix:laughing: 21 months and driving me utterly nuts.

Pauline,I too think the idea of 'spotting sheets' is fab. Like Ricky says,will be great when we go to the shops. I'm always trying to get my older ones involved and interested in food and cooking,so I think this will add a new dimension and encourage them a bit.

Not really sure how I'm gonna get through next week with five,just made another list of ideas:laughing:

Enjoy the weekend guys.

miffy
10-04-2009, 09:46 PM
We've had a good week too - done lots of baking, been outside lots too as the weather was great earlier in the week.

Had our Easter party and egg hunt on Wednesday - great for me as at someone else's house this year!

Ready for a break though - Happy Easter everyone, have a lovely weekend

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Weather in my area ( East Anglia) Meant to be fairly good next week, fingers crossed!!

Willowdancer
10-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Fingers crossed for you Sharon! I have no idea what the weather is going to do around here next week (the weatherman keeps changing his mind :rolleyes: ) but as long as its ok from Wednesday onwards I probably won't have a nervous breakdown :laughing:

ORKSIE
10-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Fingers crossed for you Sharon! I have no idea what the weather is going to do around here next week (the weatherman keeps changing his mind :rolleyes: ) but as long as its ok from Wednesday onwards I probably won't have a nervous breakdown :laughing:

Yep they do that here too:(
Cant make plans in advance:(
:thumbsup: for wendnesday

huggableshelly
11-04-2009, 08:22 AM
WELL where do I start?

All wk I only had my own two and one mindee who treats my home as his own!

Monday we had a chill day played on dslites, some board games and printed off an easter workbook to colour etc.

Tuesday we went to the local church had a look at the big cross then came home and made our own crosses out of coloured sticks and sequines.
Risk Assessed as knew the church lay out yay!

Wednesday we went to the Roald Dahl Museum, spent £130 on new books and story cd's kiddies chose things they wanted too (treated mindee too)risk assessed via email yay for me!

Thursday got bullied big time by 3 kiddies!
We went iceskating another risk assessment woohoo! all 3 have lessons so was no need for me to panic about additional accidents as such so there was me thinking they will have fun I'll stand and watch but NO I was bullied into hiring skates! woohoo I can skate still lol.

Friday we had an easter egg treasure hunt, made a picnic kiddies had great fun making their own sarnies, put the tent up in the lounge and camped out ... was raining outside. The afternoon was wonderful, the three of them sat in the tent watching a dvd whilst I sat here posting in the forum ... err planning for next week! Only had my own two but got paid for the whole day as mindee was booked in but parents changed their minds.

Next wk ... well no chillin no being lazy I've got 8 on tues, 7 wed thu fri! I've been spoilt this wk lol punishment next wk!