PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear?

Pedagog
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
As it says really what do you all wear for childminding?

Do you have clothes that you only wear for minding? Do you have logo'd, personalised polo shirts (a sort of uniform)? or do you just wear your normal clothes?

Do you live in one type of clothes while minding? Trackie bottoms, jeans etc.

Just interested.

Angela234
08-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I wear jeans all the time with t shirt cardigan/jumper comfy clothes nothing different really

Angela

angeldelight
08-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I wear jeans and tshirt but I have just had new tshirts made by Carole so I will be wearing them soon instead

I will post some pics tomorrow

Angel xx

Willowdancer
08-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Just jeans, t-shirt and trainers. If I don't go completely round the bend during this holiday and things take off then I might get myself an embroidered t-shirt done, although whether I'd feel really self-conscious about wearing it out and about would remain to be seen!

wendywu
08-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I wear normal clothes. I wear jeans,skirts long and short, trousers, cut offs, t shirts, blouses , jumpers, cardis, jackets ,boots ankle ugg or long, shoes ,trainers. I always wear some make up and perfume and make sure my hair is done.

I dont want to give CM a bad name.:laughing:

sammy
08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
normal little me wears normal clothes, i always try and look my best, jeans, trousers, nice tops, cardigan (anything to hide the flab) lol

Always in my uggs, trainers or sandal type shoes.

Im not sure i would want a printed t-shirt saying im a childminder i like my clothes too much and dont like t-shirts much anyway.

wendywu
08-04-2009, 11:25 PM
No i would not want a T shirt saying i am a CM.

Means i would have to be on my best behaviour all the time, cant be doing that.:panic:

Bushpig
08-04-2009, 11:28 PM
No i would not want a T shirt saying i am a CM.

Means i would have to be on my best behaviour all the time, cant be doing that.:panic:

hehe I agree! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I dress for comfort and warmth, am barefoot all the time in my home (even in winter most often). I don't bother with makeup ever, so definately none while CMing :)

charleyfarley
09-04-2009, 05:49 AM
I normally wear jeans , boots along with my t shirts, sweatshirts and fleeces all with my name and that I'm a cm on them. Great advertising when I am out :D

Carol xx

tinkerbelle
09-04-2009, 06:11 AM
i wear my normal clothes skinny jeans high boots and fitted tops
but my assistant wears a printed top with my setting name on her choice not mine and black truosers or jeans she didnt want to ruin her own clothes so i got her the t shirts

miss mopple
09-04-2009, 06:17 AM
I wear old jeans and plain t shirts that I bought specifically for work.

I like having a seperate weekend wardrobe :)

FussyElmo
09-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Whatever is ironed. Would love some of the embroidered t-shirts when funds dicate:)

singlewiththree
09-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I wear jeans and normal tops too however have just had some embroidered polo shirts but Tues I was minding and didn't put it on! We were going out with my sisters and her children and he was the only mindee and I didn't want my sisters "naughty" children being linked with me hehehe only kidding they aren't that bad but I did feel we would be watched more.

Mollymop
09-04-2009, 07:01 AM
I just wear normal casual clothes, and when I am out and about I often wear my NCMA badge ( due to people giving me funny looks or asking me if they are ALL mine! Look at the badge!):D

emler
09-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Normal casual clothes for me too - jeans & t-shirts etc :clapping:

Deb
09-04-2009, 07:19 AM
I wear anything really, jeans, trousers, skirts - I like to be smartish and always have hair and makeup done. I am looking to get some printed tops, not polo shirts but tunic style tops maybe.

Buzz Lightyear
09-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Like others, I wear my jeans and of course, my personalised t-shirts I had done from Amaranth which I absolutely love! Parents always comment on my company logo being on my t-shirts and fleece and say it looks very professional. Best money I have spent so far, without a doubt :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
09-04-2009, 08:23 AM
anything and everything, I like jeans and trousers for ease of playing on the floor but I alos like skirts and dresses. I like to look smart and feel good but I buy cheaper lables no top shop stuff and if clothes get ruined then no big deal.

My weight bounces around alot so I'm always buying new stuff lol, I have clothes ranging from 14 to 22 I really need a sort out, alot of my stuff ends up in the dressing up box too ...

worst accident ever! i wore a new crinkle dress cost £38.00 and a mindee managed to cut it for me with scissors! grr but still never mind accidents happen.

Hebs
09-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Like others, I wear my jeans and of course, my personalised t-shirts I had done from Amaranth which I absolutely love! Parents always comment on my company logo being on my t-shirts and fleece and say it looks very professional. Best money I have spent so far, without a doubt :thumbsup:

I agree hun, best money ever spent
I have personalised t-shirts that i wear with jeans and personalised shirts that i wear with dress pants when i want to look smart (day trips etc) :thumbsup:

nannysue
09-04-2009, 08:30 AM
I wear my normal clothes, as long as its comfy and practical, def NO WHITE !!!:eek:

samgeordie
09-04-2009, 08:45 AM
just wear my normal everyday clothes, jeans, jeans and more jeans with various tops, t-shirts.

Pudding Girl
09-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Mostly my own clothes that I would normally wear ( today, flared jeans, grey and green spotty plimsolls, grey and green printed tunic and grey shortie cardi - haven't brushed my hair yet though!!)
sometimes my printed tshirts - I keep forgetting I have them, and sometimes feel a bit self concious as they are um, rather big and bold! :rolleyes:

Jen4Kids
09-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I wanted to ask the same question :)

My dad and bro work together as landscape gardeners/property maintenance and they have printed polo tshirts and jumpers which look really smart, i wanted to do the same but no other CM does and i didnt want to look like i was showing off iykwim

I hate having snot and biscuit on my tops now that my own children are old enough not to anymore, so id rather like a 'work' top so i wouldnt get so narked :laughing: We now have printed tshirts at preschool with the logo on one boob and our names embroidered on the other which everyone loved (great if you forget someones name :blush: )

Rubybubbles
09-04-2009, 12:18 PM

same here!! normally with jeans as I feel comfy. Although today as we have nothing planned wearing my tracksuit:laughing:

I only have a lo all day on a thurs, and before and afterschools rest of the time, so I pop my t-shirt on and off during the day:laughing: BUT I have been told how fab they look and sets me above other childminders in the area:p :p

Deb
09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Is there someone onboard that does the personalised tshirts etc? Could you direct me to them please??

manjay
09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Is there someone onboard that does the personalised tshirts etc? Could you direct me to them please??

www.amaranthembroidery.co.uk

I always wear my polo tops and fleece that Carol made for me. I agree it is the best money I have spent. I can keep my clothes for the weekend

mushpea
09-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I wear jeans and a personzlized polo shirt which i had done at a local shop, the logo is in the corner of the shirt and not really big so discreet but there to see if you get what i mean.
I have my 'uniform' as i was fedup with my cloths getting grotty , it shows people that i am proffesional and also am fed up with getting 'funny' looks off other people with i go out with lots of children!

LisaH
09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I just wear my normal clothes too ie. jeans!!! Was thinking of getting some shirts done with my logo tho:)

TheBTeam
09-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I have had a few t shirts from vistaprint for dh and i to wear when working, but i am too self conscious to wear them. Most are still in the packets in the cupboard.:blush:

Willowdancer
09-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I have had a few t shirts from vistaprint for dh and i to wear when working, but i am too self conscious to wear them. Most are still in the packets in the cupboard.:blush:

Yeah you see, this is me too - I keep adding them to my Vistaprint basket and then taking them out again as I know they'd just sit in the packets too :laughing:

TheBTeam
09-04-2009, 08:23 PM
I actually buy the things and think 'oh they are nice' and then put them in the drawer! I buy them when they just cost the postage so i feel like i have got a bargain.:laughing:

loocyloo
09-04-2009, 08:43 PM
i wear my normal clothes - trousers and assorted tops. i used to have a work wardrobe and 'me' wardrobe...but once i had children of my own, it all got muddled up! i just try and remember to wear my ncma magnetic badge each day.

i have an NCMA fleece jacket ( from their shop ) i wear that alot, esp when out, and also have a blue fleece gilet that i put an NCMA pin badge on!

when i was a nanny i used to wear 'NANNY' shirts/tops etc, and was always complemented on them! i periodically think about getting some 'work' only shirts! but think the fleeces and badges are enough of an uniform!

xxx

Carol
09-04-2009, 10:16 PM
I live in jeans, much easier to get down on the floor to play with children.

Carol xx

Donkey
10-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I lived in jeans and trainers before I started cming and im not chaning...

I have some t-shirts from vistaprint that I try to wear, but they were white, and they are looking stained...

might have to treat myself to something nice from amaranthembroidery

hayley285
10-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm in Torpoint in Cornwall and our co-ord did a bulk order (for those who wanted them) of polo shirts in various colours and fleeces. Some of us where them and some don't as they dont like the fact we all look the same as its just registered childminder embroided on them with a picture of some children I think the polo shirts cost us around £3 each not sure about the fleeces. But I think they look very professional.

Pedagog
10-04-2009, 08:44 PM
They sound great, good price too.

miffy
10-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I wear my normal clothes, as long as its comfy and practical, def NO WHITE !!!:eek:

I'm with you, Sue - got to be comfy! :)

Miffy xx

breezy
11-04-2009, 08:40 AM
old and comfy thats me:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Mostly jeans and t shirts. I have separate t shirts for work as they get covered in sick etc... Marks and Spencers have a great range of colours and are 2 for £8. I don't them against tax as the amount saved doesn't cover the cost of the embroidery