PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry advice

mum2two
07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I've had an enquiry for a 10mth old, 3 days, from Sept.

Think is, I have ds who is 3 in Aug. From Sept he'll be playgroup 3 morns a week.

Mindee A who will also be at playschool the same 3 morns from Sept, & goes at 1pm. (don't have friday's)

And Mindee B, who starts school in Sept, but as B is a summer baby, won't be full time til after Oct half term. (Don't have Thurs)

Not sure what start date, or days, I'm looking at yet, waiting for her to come & see me. But, there's not inset days in the fisrt half term, and after half term B is classed as a 'rising 5' so that's fine.

From 29th Sept, B will be at school am's, so will only be an overlap of at most 1 hour. Then 2 weeks later, B at school til 1, so no overlap...

Sorry if this sounds like a mumbled ramlbing, but what do you think I should do? Don't really want to turn baby away for the sake of a couple of weeks. Also, B is only coming to me as current cm is going on maternity for 6 months. Mum hasn't said whether they're staying with me, or going back to orig cm in Spet, so might not be a prob anyway. Another reason I don't want to turn this enquiry away, as I'll be gutted otherwise. 3 full days is exactly what I want too.

Might write to ofsted saying it's a pm mindee I currently have that wants to increase to full days from Sept, if parent wants me, & try & get a variation for the 6 weeks. It's just, i know I can't do it for her, as I can't do it till baby actually starts with me, and then I don't want ofsted to say no, or be minding over my numbers.

What do you think?

Thanks

Kelly x

sarah707
07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Tricky one Kelly - I can only advise that a lot can happen and change between now and September... so I would take the work and worry about it a little nearer the time... :D

LittleMissSparkles
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
agree with Sarah x

sandy
07-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi,

I've got a similar situation. 2 mindees starting school in sept and 2 new babies starting in sept. No set dates for any yet, but am also a little concerned about the Half day at school overlap.

Decided to wait until I have more details then deal with it. Already have variation for 2 under 12 months so will approach ofsted closer to the time.

No point worrying now - the babies aren't even born yet !! Aaahhh Bless

Im sure you'll sort it. Don't forget us cm's have several pairs of hands and eyes in the back of our heads !! Ha ha

Sandy :laughing:

angeldelight
07-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Just wanted to say I agree and good luck whatever you decide to do

Angel xx

ruby
07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
we would take the baby and wait until nearer the time

could you not explain about the baby to baby B mother i am sure she would not mind letting you know what she intends to do in September
that way you will have a clear picture and will know if you need to write to Ofsted

cathy and Rachel

miffy
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I agree with cathy and rachel

Good luck whatever youy decide to do

Miffy xx

lizzymoonshine
07-02-2008, 01:05 PM
hi

yes i agree too, worry a little nearer the time!

xx

deeb66
07-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Yep....same advice from me too!