PDA

View Full Version : 4 aged 3 and Under Tomorrow!!

helenlc
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I must be mad but Social Services called me earlier and asked if I could have 3 under 3s tomorrow for 4 hours. I already have a 3 yr old mindee so said I would have to ask Ofsted for a variation.

After many emails and phone calls, I finally got a variation for 4 hours tomorrow - so I will have a 3 yr old, almost 3 yr old, 20 month old and 9 month old!!!

Have to go in loft later and get double buggy and extra car seats down!!

Wish me luck!!

FussyElmo
08-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Good Luck:eek: your braver than me:)

estrelas
08-04-2009, 08:08 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

goodluck !!

let us no how it goes :)

Minstrel
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
goodness!

did they say why you were needed at such short notice?

good luck!

jibberjitz
08-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

Demonjill
08-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Good luck with that :thumbsup:

Willowdancer
08-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Good luck - have fun :thumbsup:

childmind04
09-04-2009, 07:10 AM
You will be fine, just think its just a few hours :eek: :clapping:

susan

Buzz Lightyear
09-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow :eek: sounds like fun??

Good luck, you'll be fine, best way to think: it's only a few hours :thumbsup:

helenlc
09-04-2009, 08:25 AM
It's just been cancelled :(

I was quite looking forward to it actually for the experience and cos the youngest was only 8 months old!!

I had all plans in place - had literally just got my double buggy down and extra car seats, then Social Services called and cancelled. Boo hoo.

Thanks for your words of encouragement though. :thumbsup:

helenlc
09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
A friend who is also a childminder reckons I should still bill SS?

I might not bill them for today but I spent £10 of my credit yesterday caling Ofsted and then them to sort out my variation. Plus I spent 2/3 hours writing emails and sending them backwards and forwards, then got all my things ready for them.

What do you think? If it was anyone else I would bill them if they had booked hours and not attended. But I had no contract as such as I had a Daily one for the children that I was going to get Mum to sign. But my arrangement was with SS really and I dont have a contract with them.

I dont mean to sound greedy but I am a bit aggrieved that I went out of my way to accomodate them and thought I would be earning some money today. Instead I am actually out of pocket as my calls to them from my mobile zapped my credit!!

charleyfarley
09-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Shame it was cancelled, especially as you had got things ready.

I was asked by a third party, don't think it was ss though but it was a department of some sorts. Anyway I was booked for 4 Weds mornings, I even put my rates up as it was short notice :D

Then the first morning she was due, they phoned to say she couldn't face going out. The following week I phoned them to save time and I was told the same thing.

I told them they had booked a place and I should be paid for those sessions, she agreed, told me to send them a bill for the money owed. I received a cheque the following week.

So yes I would bill them, especially as you spent £10 of your credit sorting out having them.

Carol xx

Deb
09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh what a shame, and yes bill them - I would bill themfor the full session tbh.

helenlc
09-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Thank you, that is what I wanted to hear!!

Just didnt want to think it was me being greedy or awkward.

Thanks - will do it now.