PDA

View Full Version : Mindee sick all the time

Ben10mad
08-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi.
I have been minding E just over 2months part time.
He is 11 months old. EVERY time since i have had him he is sick after every meal and every bottle. It takes me about half an hour to feed him his breakfast and dinner due to him not opening his mouth or spiting it out, his mom still has him on baby milk and im not joking she puts in at least 6 bottles in 4 a matter of 10 hours i dont give him all of them he only has about 2-3 but realisticly he should be off them now or weaning him off it.
When she drops him off she always says hes teething and she thinks that it the reason why hes sick all the time. Iwouldnt mind if he was sick after a meal on the odd day but its every day, 2day has been the worse had to change clothing 4 times and given him a bath(had to he stunk), clean my rug and floor, and trying 2 see to 3 other children who are crying out for my attention.
Dont get me wrong his mom is lovely but she is young.

ahhhhhhhhh lol
sorry 4 having a bit of a moan!
Has any 1 else had this problem with mindee x

helenlc
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I wonder if this is a learnt behaviour or whether he has some sort of food/milk intolerance? Has Mum ever thought he could have allergies to anything?

Minstrel
08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
to be honest its sounds like he's being over fed on milk and stomach can't cope!

i think you might have to have a chat with mum.

if its not that then the little man needs to see a doc or HV

good luck x

Ben10mad
08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I wonder if this is a learnt behaviour or whether he has some sort of food/milk intolerance? Has Mum ever thought he could have allergies to anything?

not 2 sure, all she has said is that he has always been a sicky baby.
But this can not be right. He must have some sort of intolerance.

FussyElmo
08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
to be honest its sounds like he's being over fed on milk and stomach can't cope!

i think you might have to have a chat with mum.

if its not that then the little man needs to see a doc or HV

good luck x

I think that too abit overkill on the milk. Why dont you suggest fresh juice and boiled water and 1-2 bottles of milk they are supposed to be off baby milk till 12 months but you are supposed to decrease the amount because of solids.

FussyElmo
08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry that should have been they are not supposed to be off baby milk till 12 months sorry someone scored :)

CXA
08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi, I know how you feel, my son had a similar problem as a baby - used to throw up all the time, after every single bottle of milk or meal and whenever he was moved. Drove me crazy as we had to take several changes of clothes if we were going out and anyone who held him got drenched. It turned out that he had a weak stomach valve which did not close properly - I was given a powder to thicken his milk and had to watch what he ate as well. It finally stopped when he was about 20 months old. I would speak to mum, tell her you are concerned and advise her to see her GP or HV. Good luck!

Lyns123
08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I just need to ask something - why did you feel the need to mention that she is young as if that means she doesn't know what she's talking about!

I'm what you would class as a young mum (apparently anyone under the age of 25 is) and i've seen this said a few times on this site and i'm starting to feel offended!!

I've met many mums who are all different ages and them be completely clueless, if someone is young it doesn't mean they don't know as much as a mum who's 35 for example. I bet everyone felt clueless when they had their first child, one of my best friends who i met through baby clubs is 43 (first time mum) and comes to me for advice and i'm 23!!

sonia ann
08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi, I know how you feel, my son had a similar problem as a baby - used to throw up all the time, after every single bottle of milk or meal and whenever he was moved. Drove me crazy as we had to take several changes of clothes if we were going out and anyone who held him got drenched. It turned out that he had a weak stomach valve which did not close properly - I was given a powder to thicken his milk and had to watch what he ate as well. It finally stopped when he was about 20 months old. I would speak to mum, tell her you are concerned and advise her to see her GP or HV. Good luck!

this can be quite a common problem i would suggest mum has a word with her health visitor or GP as well

Pipsqueak
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I would be advising mum to take him to the doctors asap. Something is obviously not quite "right" and perhaps needs further investigation. James has a lactose intolerance and would always throw up his feeds or it would come straight back out the other end - still does! (sorry TMI:D ). I would be getting concerned he is getting the right nutritional benefits if he is upchucking so much.

At any rate it sounds like she needs some guidance perhaps on bottles/feeds/milk etc.

Blaze
12-04-2009, 12:01 AM
I just need to ask something - why did you feel the need to mention that she is young as if that means she doesn't know what she's talking about!

I'm what you would class as a young mum (apparently anyone under the age of 25 is) and i've seen this said a few times on this site and i'm starting to feel offended!!

I've met many mums who are all different ages and them be completely clueless, if someone is young it doesn't mean they don't know as much as a mum who's 35 for example. I bet everyone felt clueless when they had their first child, one of my best friends who i met through baby clubs is 43 (first time mum) and comes to me for advice and i'm 23!!

Please don't feel offended...I had my first when I was 19 & all the "older Mums" once they got to know me, used to come to me for advice...I think it's because as a generalisation younger Mums often need more guidance/struggle a bit more...it's just what experience has taught us...it's not a biase...I'm not explaining myself very well sorry!!!!:rolleyes: It's a bit like saying more black people are criminals that white people...that's not true, but statistically more black people are arrested/jailed etc...now there is a whole load of social reasons behind the stats ie more black people are stopped & seached than white people are & this creates a knock on effec etc (I could write pages on this, so am trying to keep it short), but the basic fact creates a technically correct generalisation. IYSWIM?!:)

PS I have used the terms black & white because I am trying to show a black & white senario is actually grey!:D

miffy
12-04-2009, 07:43 AM

I agree with this - see if you can persuade mum to talk to HV or Dr.

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
12-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I agree, try to get Mum to visit her HV or GP.

Ben10mad
12-04-2009, 07:54 PM

I'm not saying that at all!!
Im 23 so looks like im offending myself then doesn't it!!!
Theres a difference when your a 23 year old women and have friends and family to talk to about babys/children and for advice, but with this lady who is 17 doesn't have have the help and surport needed!

Moominmomma
12-04-2009, 08:11 PM
know how you feel, my mindee is sick al ot too.
What about reflux do you think this could be a problem?

I'd also think about allergies, and reducing the milk.

I'm sure his mum will be pleased for you to offer advice, I know I would be.

Hope things improve