PDA

View Full Version : 2nd day not so fab

Jen4Kids
08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Had lil boy again, he was fine coming in but after about 30 mins he started crying and nothing could comfort him, so an hour later we left to walk to holiday club and he stopped as soon as we got outside :rolleyes: then he fell asleep on route to toddler group and had maybe 45mins and woke in a lovely mood :clapping: , we then collected my other children from the holiday club and came home for lunch, went to the park and came back to wait for mum (due at 3pm) by 2.45pm he was grizzling again for a sleep but i thought mum was on her way - she finally arrived at 2.40pm after i phone all the emergency numbers and got the answer machines :angry: - she told me she had left a message on my machine (when we were at the park) and wouldnt be able to collect till 3.30pm - i checked once she had gone and the message was there :blush: Oh and he did 6 dirty nappies today :eek: nothing wrong with him or the nappies but mum says he's does loads everyday

Feel a bit narked as i thought she was really late but it turns out she had to stay (nurse), so i suggested that if it needs to be then we will extend the contract till 3.30pm as my dd finishes preschool at 3pm then i collect the other 3 between 3.10 and 3.20pm and are home at 3.30pm

Do i charge for the extra 40mins at normal rate as she did phone to say she'd be later

Minstrel
08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
i think on this occasion since she did left you know i would probably charge normal rate.

i sympathise with the multiple poops! my own sons are not out of nappies but i'm still called from the bathroom many many times a day to wipe bums!

FussyElmo
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I wouldnt charge as she did ring and let you know just keep a eye on it sometimes there are genuine reasons for being late:)

estrelas
08-04-2009, 06:58 PM
i don't think i'd charge but i am too soft :blush:

ORKSIE
08-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I wouldnt charge either:)

sammy
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
i would charge, my mindees parents were 45 mins late for the first time ever, if my partner hadnt been JUST registered as my assistant, then i would have missed slimming world and my aqua aerobics class!

And plus 6.45 is late enough to have 2 more under 5s, so when it gets to 7.30i think its getting late.

The way i look at it you should charge for the whole time you have the child, why should you not charge when they are late - your still minding their child.

Which is what your paid to do. (No offence to all the other mindees that dont charge, this is just my opinion - lol)

bubbly
08-04-2009, 08:28 PM
i would charge, my mindees parents were 45 mins late for the first time ever, if my partner hadnt been JUST registered as my assistant, then i would have missed slimming world and my aqua aerobics class!

And plus 6.45 is late enough to have 2 more under 5s, so when it gets to 7.30i think its getting late.

The way i look at it you should charge for the whole time you have the child, why should you not charge when they are late - your still minding their child.

Which is what your paid to do. (No offence to all the other mindees that dont charge, this is just my opinion - lol)

I'd do the same

Jen4Kids
08-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Ive made up an invoice ready to give her tomorrow. She paid a deposit when she signed and is paying a week in advance, so the invoice shows the extra day and half hour from this week and the 2 days for next week then minus the deposit :thumbsup:

angeldelight
09-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Hope today goes ok

Angel xx