PDA

View Full Version : SEF Stuck on 1st question...

kelzunique
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi all, sorry if there is a board for sef stuff! I have looked. Anyhows, For the 1st part of the SEF "setting details" im confused about exactly what it wants? Do i give a description of my home, my local area , and places close to me eg park? Also when it asks about background of children who attend, how much detail should i go into? I reallywant to get this right as my first and last inspection was a total disaster. She came on my 1st day with a child who was still settling in and the parent had provided the lunch which was a rather unhealthy jam sandwich and crisps, and because it was our first day i had no eveidence ect so i only got satisfacory even though i had all required equipment ect. She also marked me down because when i took the little boy to the toilet and got him to wash his hands i only said " Lets wash our hands now and get all clean" instead of " lets wash our hands and get rid of all the germs, make them nice and clean". :angry: No im not joking. I'm very proud of what i do 3 years on and i want an outstanding. Its what im aiming for and i dont want anything silly to trip me up!

Sorry that post went a little off topic!

Anyhow, all help appreciated! :)

Shar
08-04-2009, 01:54 PM
If you print off the guidance notes that go with the SEF they tell you what you should include. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Andrea08
08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
its all about your setting...

i have a 4 bedroom seni-detached prperty,
al of the downstairs areas are accessable for children this includes,,

what upstaires areas do you use?
where is the toilet?
do you have garden space?

i was thinking of doing the SEF this wk but i realy cana be bothered sorry x

good luck x

Mouse
08-04-2009, 02:06 PM
I would recommend you go to the Ofsted website & read through a couple of recent inspection reports. They show you the sort of things the inspectors look for in each section.

christine e
08-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Without looking at mine I think I included things like 'on a bus route' 'quiet cul de sac''close to open countryside' 'live with husband and grown up children' 'pets' 'nvq/quality first' 'two children attend whose home language is not english' described house and garden and parking

hope this helps

Cx

cara1235
08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
hi
on mine i put something along the lines of-
live in a semi detached house with hubby and 2 kids one age 3 one aged 12
all qualifications, how many children on roll
if they from 2 parent family, single family, age range of kids on roll,
what schools nurseries etc u are close to and collect from
hope this helps

Eileen322
09-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I was told to put it as if you were selling your house:) How would you discribe it what amenities are close by, local schools, shops, parks, transport links etc... How you set out the areas for childminding such as having toys in labelled boxes that are easily assessable for the children, offering toys that appeal and reflect different cultures and needs etc... What activities you provide. Where do you put the children to sleep, eat? etc What outside groups do you attend?
List of relevent qualifications and how long you have been childminding. The days and times you operate. What workshops you have attended, such as child protection, EYFS etc
A brief discription of the children you mind..**** is 3 years old. He has been in coming to my setting since blah blah, he lives with his british born parents in blah blah, **** is a good natured, happy and articulate boy.
I aslo wrote that none of children that attend have special needs or from disadvantaged backgrounds!

Hope that helps and feel free to pm if you wish!

good luck:thumbsup:

Winnie
09-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Try this

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/self_evaluation_your_setting.html

sunflower
09-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Try this

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/self_evaluation_your_setting.html

Thank you i never thought of looking on the bromley site for sef :D

miss mopple
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Cant recommend sarahs e book on the sef enough. Made it much more understandable and without its help filling in my sef I doubt my inspection would have gone so well :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I copied the information from my last inspection report. It is all explained in the guidance notes.

MissTinkerbell
11-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Cant recommend sarahs e book on the sef enough. Made it much more understandable and without its help filling in my sef I doubt my inspection would have gone so well :thumbsup:

Same here...