PDA

View Full Version : scrap books/folders?

kiddywink
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi I was just wondering if you are using a traditional scrapbook and sticking pictures, obs, info in for the eyfs, or are you using a pocket sleeve type booklet? Although some of childrens work is too big for them. Thanks.

Andrea08
08-04-2009, 12:30 PM
any way that feels good for you hun,
i use a diary for obs and sometimes staple in obs sheets,
then a folder for anything else but to be honest its what works best for you, as you are the one to work with it, xxx

TheBTeam
08-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I use 40 wallet type folders bought for a £1 each from poundland, often if they do an activity that is too big for the folders it goes home and i have my photos of them doing the activity and my written notes that go in their folder. When a child leaves i empty out the folder for the parents and use it again for the next child.

singlewiththree
08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I use a ring binder folder and hole punch the work into it, sometimes putting it in clear folders if its really oddly shaped but I figured when a child left I could tie it together and re-use the folder. I put work and obs in it.

Debster
08-04-2009, 03:16 PM
A bit off the subject in questions. should these foldres/scrap books be kept confidential and put in my file box or is it only the personal info I need to keep locked up?
Deb

charlie28
08-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I put away in a cupboard and the parents can go in the cupboard when they want to, but only there childs profile.

Bex1
09-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Not sure if I am doing it right but this is what I have got so far (bearing in mind only been minding for two weeks :blush: )

I have a scrap book (different coloured pages etc) on the front is a cover which reads "my special book" and the child's name and my company logo and a photo of the child. Inside is photo's of the child with the first page titled "settling in" and a photo of the child playing "here we go round the mulberry bush" with my DD (such a cute pic!) and I have written "K, making new friends and playing 'here we go around the mulberry bush' and then another photo of her playing by herself and it reads "k, having fun with the toys', the second page is photo's of her doing easter activities and I have mounted this on a page with an easter border and put "having fun at Easter"..I also have a few pages of drawings/scribbles she has done..one went home with mum, the other I kept for her scrapbook.

Anyway I chose to do this so my children have a record of their time with me! I will use it to document special events, artwork etc.

I also have a learning journey folder which will have observations, all about me form etc.

I am probably doing it wrong but its the way I feel comfortable! I have a development worker from Trio coming soon so no doubt she will tell me if I am doing it wrong!!!!