PDA

View Full Version : Flexible Free Entitlement

Deb
07-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Nursery vouchers

Is anyone accredited to take these? I have been going through the paperwork and it would appear to be more trouble than enough. What are your experiences.

Also in sheffield the rate is 3.40/hr, many childminder's fees are above this and we cannot seek the difference from the parents.

huggableshelly
07-04-2009, 10:16 PM
I've thought about looking into it and didn't consider the price difference, might look into it in more detail before going through the process.

FussyElmo
08-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Im thinking of doing this just been discussing this with DO didnt think of the price increase but I dont charge £3.40 an hour anyhow. Does anyone know if it varies from authority to authority:)

If you're taking a pay cut is it worth doing?

Deb
08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
It does vary from authority to authority, your coordinator should know the current price. I wont be taking a pay cut, at the moment. I guess being accredited will be something to offer parents and make one more competative too.

loocyloo
08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
i was talking about this with a friend quite a while ago, and she knew a minder who took the vouchers, she said the only way to 'make up the difference' is to charge in sessions ie 9-12, 1-5, but if the parents want earlier/later/lunch etc, to charge a higher rate for these in order to make up the difference!

(its also how my daughters nursery do it!)

but how this is going towork for the flexible hours i don't know!

xxx

Deb
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
From what I read of the conditions; that isnt allowed (it's what the local nursery does too). It has to be truly flexible and it appears at our cost.