PDA

View Full Version : DHC Unit 3 Section C

hbomb1
07-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I am struggling with section C - Explain why it is important to enable children to protect themselves.

I am finding it difficult finding the words for this section. I have put that it is important to protect themselves because there may not be anyone there at the time to protect them. Teaching children to protect themselves from a young age will help them become confident as they grow and learn about dangers... sounds rubbish!

I am guessing that this question counts towards a lot of the grade and all I can think of is a one-liner! Started this unit in October and still finding it difficult. :(

Can anyone help me on this please?

Polly2
07-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi
I wrote about childrens rights - to be protected as vunerable, how they have the right to be listened to and taken seriously.

Then I wrote a bit about the long term effects of abuse

Then I wrote about how they need to feel safe with us and able to speak freely. How we can lead by example, by being assertive role models

How we can empower children by teaching them the skills they need to protect themselves. To make choices and express their feelings they become more self aware and their self confidence will help protect them.

Hope this helps a little x

hbomb1
07-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Thank you so much Polly. :thank you:

I have spent all afternoon agonising over this section, what you have provided helps me loads. Just got to get tea sorted and then back to the studying - really want to submit this assignment by the end of the week.

Polly2
08-04-2009, 10:57 AM
glad it helped hun xx