PDA

View Full Version : ideas needed for feedback letter for parents

youarewhatyoueat
07-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi, I want to do a questionaire to parents so I can get some feedback but can't think what to ask.

so far: Are they pleased with the care(bit vague I thought)
Do they get enough information about their child's day
Is there anything they would like included in their child's day(not sure about this)
would they like more info regarding the EYFS

I just can't think!!!!

Caroline

p.s. Thanks for all the help so far!!!!

huggableshelly
07-04-2009, 12:40 PM
are you happy with the information displayed (planning etc) would you like to see more/less does it help you to see what your child is doing whilst in my care

are you happy with the communication levels (daily diary/daily sheets or verbal? if not what would you like to have put in place?

is there anything you seel I could improve on to ensure your childs needs are fully covered?

would you be interested in having regular chats about your childs progress and to look through their learning journal together? (say monthly or whatever would suit you, I do every 3 months for the 2 EYFS children every 6 months for over 5's and my over 8's are as and when)

The Juggler
08-04-2009, 09:38 AM
I've attached the one I used last year. It's pretty basic but it's enabled me to explain to Ofsted why I do certain things and why I don't on the basis of parent's wishes.

Parents told me they did not want written annual reports and it gave me time (before my inspection) to think about alternative ways of getting a learning journey communicated to them, in another format, without it being an official report. I looked at what everyone else was doing and now do twice yearly photo diaries. Parents are looking at what their child is doing but I can use the photo captions s to explain what the child is learning/can do/what area of EYFS is being covered.

Good luck.

attachment deleted at nikki's request.

MissTinkerbell
08-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Sarah does a good one - I used hers.

twinkle3005
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi. I do a questionaire with quick yes and No answers required for parents to complete before we have a review session. It takes no time at all to complete but gives the parents something to think about before we meet. I leave space at the bottom for comments or concerns and then ask if parents would recommend me to other. Here's a few of the questions I ask on the questionaire

My child is happy going to the Childminders
I am happy with the way the Childminder interacts with my child
I feel that my child’s safety and Wellbeing is priority at all times
I am happy with the meals provided by the childminder
I am happy with the childminders Fees
I feel comfortable and at ease discussing things with the childminder

Jo xx

youarewhatyoueat
08-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks everyone all very good ideas,will be able to get on with it now.:thumbsup:

angeldelight
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I've attached the one I used last year. It's pretty basic but it's enabled me to explain to Ofsted why I do certain things and why I don't on the basis of parent's wishes.

Parents told me they did not want written annual reports and it gave me time (before my inspection) to think about alternative ways of getting a learning journey communicated to them, in another format, without it being an official report. I looked at what everyone else was doing and now do twice yearly photo diaries. Parents are looking at what their child is doing but I can use the photo captions s to explain what the child is learning/can do/what area of EYFS is being covered.

Good luck.

Are you aware that you have left your address on this form Nikki ?

Angel xx

The Juggler
10-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Are you aware that you have left your address on this form Nikki ?

Angel xx

Yes someone pointed this out to me. Thanks to you too. I'm such a div! I didn't think. Still I suppose people need to find me.....

Allie
10-04-2009, 10:49 AM
I haven't done questionnaires for ages do you think it's necessary?

Allie

The Juggler
10-04-2009, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Allie;388435]I haven't done questionnaires for ages do you think it's necessary?

I haven't done mine since last April. Mainly because I had almost a whole new set of parents and I waited until they'd been there 6 months or so. I did it about 18 months before that with the other set. I don't think you need to do it too often.

If you've got an inspection coming up though it looks good that you asked all the current parents what they think.

Hope that helps.

Nikki