PDA

View Full Version : OMG Both Parents redundant.

tigger
07-04-2009, 11:50 AM
One of my mums has just told me that they have both been made redundant but will be ok for a couple of months. I'm still waiting for the money to go into my account for this month. How long would you wait for the money to go in the bank before asking for it?

mum22
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM
when was it due ?
I think I would want it asap to be honest and would tactfully ask for it and turn it into a positive and say in the circumstances i would not be charging late fees. Poor things a double redundancy how awful for them.

huggableshelly
07-04-2009, 12:50 PM
ouch what a nightmare for them.

I would ask them about it asap as it may have slipped their minds due to the news they have received.

Jules27
07-04-2009, 01:21 PM
oh no that is awful. One being made redundant is bad enough, but both? that is devistating for them and you. Fingers crossed they are two of the lucky ones and find work quickly!:(

Ripeberry
07-04-2009, 01:53 PM
A big employer around my way has had to let 500 go and lots of famillies have been employed for years!
Quite a few involve both breadwinners :(

tigger
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, I finally plucked up the courage to ask for this months money which was due at the begining at of the month and I have now got it. I felt really bad for asking as I knew they have alot of thier minds at the moment but I thought it would have slipped thier minds as they normally pay on time. I'm just waiting for a notice letter now. I do feel sorry for them and I do hope they can find something soon for them really more than for me. It can't be nice at all having to worry about when and how you are going to find work and money.