PDA

View Full Version : Times are hard

wellybelly
07-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Ive lost 3 mindee contracts this week and have just done my accounts and noticed Ive only made £300 profit. Im now into my 18th month of childminding and am seriously considering cutting my losses. Yes it works round my own children (school hours and holidays) but I feel like such a door mat to the parents I work for - its only around their terms, because Im so broke, I feel I have to oblige.

Im advertising but not heard anything yet.

Ive just put some of my multicultural resources on ebay aswell as some of my uni books. I wanted to keep them for if I go into teaching but needs must.

angeldelight
07-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear that Katie

Hope you get some more calls soon

Good luck

Angel xx

emler
07-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Fingers crossed things pick up for you soon x

charleyfarley
07-04-2009, 11:05 AM
So sorry to hear you've lost your contracted children , it does seem to come all at once sometimes.

Fingers crossed you get some calls really soon

Carol xx

Minstrel
07-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Fingers crossed for you that a positive change is on it way xxx

Mouse
07-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I hope things pick up for you soon.

It is so frustrating when you want to do the work, but it's not there. I think this is a tough time for so many people.

mum22
07-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Gosh sorry to hear that 3 is a lot to lose, I really hope something good comes around the next corner for you....

Demonjill
07-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Thats not so good. Sorry to hear that and fingers x something turns up soon so you can carry on.:)

MissTinkerbell
08-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Oh dear xxx fingers crossed that something picks up and you get some calls soon.

I've just lost my full timer from July (I can only have 1 - so she is my main source of income) as mum is pregnant and dad has lost his job from September so I might not be getting them back after maternity leave. Also the mum who wanted full-time care for her 9 month old from September has decided to put her into nursery. I'm baffled as she said that I was extremely well qualified (I'm an Early Years teacher and nursery nurse) but she felt a nursery would be better! One of her concerns when she came to see me was the ratio her LO would have - with me she would have had 1:1 care 5 mornings a week and then 1:3 in the afternoons. Oh well back to the advertising I guess!!