PDA

View Full Version : What else should I do? - Prereg visit

Miriam
07-04-2009, 08:02 AM
HI

I am about to send off my forms to trigger my pre-reg visit. One minute I think I will be fine and the next minute I am panicking that I am not ready. I think part of the problem is that because I havent done my ICP course yet I am not sure exactly what I am supposed to have ready.

I have
1) read and understood all the welfare requirements and learning and dev for the EYFS
2) I have filled in my pre-reg booklet
3) I have done my first aid (but still need to just buy a first aid kit)
4) I am writing my risk assessment this week, but am just doing house and garden not outings and car as well?
5) I have written the following policies
- Safeguarding children
- Allegations of abuse
- Complaints
- Confidentiality
- Equal Opportunites
- Accident/incident and Emergency evacuation
- Behaviour management
6) Have also started to write stuff for my portfolio such as an "About Me" and things like a daily routine and sample menu. Have also done a section for parents about the EYFS.

My question is - is that all I need to have written or have I missed something glaringly obvious out?

Also, with my home, I have stored all dangerous chemicals/alcohol etc out of reach and done all the usual stuff. But I haven't yet brought things like strips for the patio windows to stick on to warn the children that there is a window there or things like corner protectors - basically because money is now tight, and with things the way they are with the recession, I dont want to spend any more money until I know that I have some children to mind. So will it be ok to point these things out to the inspector and say that I will get them when/if I have children that need them?

Anyone got any advice on anything I absolutely must do?

Thanks (and sorry its such a long message!!!)

misst104
07-04-2009, 08:12 AM
WOW!! You sound extremely organised. I don't think there is anything else that you need to do before the pre-reg. My inspector didn't even look at any of the paperwork (annoying, but at least it meant it was done!!). She spent less than 5 minutes looking round the house and the rest of the time was sitting around the table going through the questions (same ones that are in the preparing for the visit booklet). It sounds to me that you are more than ready. I would post the forms today :)

xxx

Miriam
07-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks Jo!! I am in a real panic today - very worried about money and stuff like that, but I guess it is the same for all of us. :(

Zoomie
07-04-2009, 09:14 AM
You sound ready.

Just have a list of stuff that needs to be bought / done.

Hope you post your app today !!

:D

chewy sweets
07-04-2009, 03:27 PM
yep all sounds great. You sound as if your ready and got everything under control! Good luck for your pre reg visit i'm sure you'll do great:laughing:

Demonjill
07-04-2009, 11:10 PM
You seem very organised and ready to post your form off so go on....... do it ..................you know you want to ...lol:clapping:

Miriam
08-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Slight technical hitch! Cant find my divorce papers from my first marriage - It was over 20 years ago and just about to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary with my husband! But all the same I have to find the divorce papers so that I can get my dates right for ofsted!!! :( :( :(

sophiestars
11-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Hope you manage to find your certificate soon.

As for all the rest you sound like you have done alot to get prepared which the inspector will like. As far as buying safety equipment all you need to do is let the inspector know that you are aware of hazards and know how to minimise risks. Like the others say have a 'wish list' of things you want to get in the future and it shows you have thought about it.

I hadn't done any official risk assessments in the form that I have them now - I had just done a tick list that I got from my pre-reg briefings and she was happy with that and it was just for premises.

Also try not to be too nervous, I was dreading my pre-reg inspection but it was fine and the inspector really put me at ease. They are not out to 'get you' they are on your side and are there to advise you on what you need to do. It sounds like you have more than enough covered so don't worry.

Sophie x

pinklady
12-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Hope you've found your divorce papers:thumbsup: You do sound more than ready. Get those forms in the post!!:laughing:

It's a small world
12-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi I'm new too and sent my Ofsted Pre reg form last week so just waiting to hear when they are going to visit. You seem to have the same things ready as me. I've done an acivities file to show the different festivals and how I am going to cover them also how I will cover other areas of the EYFS etc. One thing I am unsure about is that have you done your house insurance or chnaged your car insureance to a business policy?I wasn't sure if I needed to have them in place before Ofsted did their first visit? Keep in touch and let me know how you get on. Kerrie x :huh:

melissakate
16-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi, I am also new but not that far ahead just done my Pre reg and need to get going as soon as possible, as i have a child waiting to start. Not sure what to do next my head is so full of everything i have to do that i do not know what to start with.:panic: