PDA

View Full Version : Poorly mindee

devoncm
07-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Mum has just dropped of mindee, telling me she was sick in the night at 12, only once and is full of beans today and feels fine, she is now sat at table eating breakfast, Should I of said i shouldnt have her? her mum did say if she doesnt feel well then to ring and she will collect, my sickness policy does say any sickness then child cant come for 48hrs after-I will be checking to make sure now tho

Its nice how they tell you at drop off isnt it

patconn2
07-04-2009, 08:09 AM
You already have lo so you are maybe a bit stuck for today, unless she is sick again. When she is picked up I would give parents a printed copy of your policy and point out that next time you will not take her.
Be careful though, I did have a parent who stopped telling me when lo was sick and put him anyway. His older sister told me when he had been sick!!!!

devoncm
07-04-2009, 08:27 AM
The parent cant not tell me as mindee would anyway, i just dont want mykids getting ill.
the other week my step son had s&d and because i couldnt have him and his mum wouldnt take day off work he went nursery next day as was feeling better then the nursery chef got sick-prob cos of a few kids but, THIS IS WHY WE HAVE POLICIES PEOPLE!!!

Pudding Girl
07-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Please do what I should have done on Friday when my eldest mindee told me the youngest was sick in the night, and ring them to collect! and let them know it's not on!

I've been/am off for today and yday and lost 2 days pay due to D&V :( :mad:

i don't think my mindees mum will do that again, she sounded very guilty on phone :rolleyes:

devoncm
07-04-2009, 10:27 AM
She's gone now, it was hard to decide if she should go tho as she did seem fine was just once in night and didnt want her mum to think i just wanted an excuse

Chimps Childminding
07-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I have had one poorly lo today. Was fine all morning, ate all his lunch as usual, noticed he was filling his nappy while I was feeding him, so changed him asap to find it was everywhere. Was in process of sitting him up to strip him off as it had gone through his vest etc when he threw all his lunch back at me!!!!!!!!!!

Rang mum as no change of clothes (even though our contracts say they should provide some), luckily he uses a baby grow as a comforter, so I put that on him till mum arrived. I thought it was his cold that had made him sick as it was thick phlem (sorry too much info I know!!!!!!!!) but mum has rung me tonight to say he has been sick twice more and has runs so thinks it might be a bug ............................... funny how you start feeling queasy when you are told that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping I don't get it, I am off next week with a list of jobs a mile long to get done!!!!!!!!!:panic:

breezy
07-04-2009, 07:42 PM
mindee threw up on me Friday, dd sick today, start getting paranoid as to who's next:(

cuffleygirl
08-04-2009, 09:25 AM
I had two siblings for settling last week! Both full of coughs and colds but the younger one did the smelliest, runny out of nappy, down leg poo. Called mum to collect, transpired it wasn't the first time that day. Me and my little one are both now ill, can't work and has it was a settling didn't paid for the priveledge of becoming ill! One thing though I have decided not accept the siblings, if mum can do that when not working - what is she going to be like when she goes back?

Unwell last night means not in the setting today - its what the policy is about.

What narks me is that if the parent was sick in the night they would take the day off - but often the child is sent to the childminder when the best place for them is their own bed!

angeldelight
08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I have just had more or less the same problem

Child ill during the night but parent did not tell me - he was ill here though but even if he would not have been I would have still sent him home

I think if a child has an upset tummy or sickness during the night then parents should keep their children home

Glad you sent the child home you are right you do not all want to be ill for the holiday either

xxx

devoncm
08-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Turns out she was putting it on, she was full of beans when she got home, apparently her mum said to her in the morning , if you dont feel well then ill come and get you, all fine today no sign of anything so think it was more put on then anything