PDA

View Full Version : Really thick question about NCMA Certs

Bitsy Beans
06-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Right I might just be having a blonde moment here but I've received my PLI and membership certs this morning. From the looks of it I have to sign the the PLI certificate (as I can see a prompt saying Signature of the Insured) but do I need to sign the membership one? Above the name of the chief execs signature it's got the word "signature" and a line across. is this just to denote the chief execs signature or do I need to sign it too.........confused because it appears I have to sign the PLI :huh:

I need a lie down........

chewy sweets
10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
not sure as i'm not registered yet so not insured. just replying to bump your post up so hopefully someone who knows will post an answer.:laughing: :laughing:

littlestar
10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
signiture of insured yes thats where i have signed and have for the past y if im wrong then oh dear but ive done it :clapping:

ORKSIE
10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry dont belong to NCMA, but someone who does will be along soon:)

huggableshelly
10-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I have never signed the ncma certificate.

Unless its changed over the past 11 months then you do not need to sign it... there is nowhere to sign on mine but due for a renewal next month.

nell57
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM

Unless its changed over the past 11 months then you do not need to sign it... there is nowhere to sign on mine but due for a renewal next month.

I was just thinking the same, so thought I'd check my cert and guess what I had signed it and cant remember doing it though:o:eek: Then checked last years copy cus I've still got and I'd signed that too. But then again I cant remember what I did the day before half the time:D

sonia ann
11-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Yes always signed the insurance certificate but just looked at my ncma membership certificate and cant see anywhere to sign.....its a new certificate as well. Looked back at past ones ...never signed them either:)

nell57
11-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Sorry it was me getting confused at what cert I was checking last night, it was the public liability one , that id said I signed:o

Me thinks it was rather late (for me any way) and too much port, when I tried to answer the op, sorry again:D

rickysmiths
11-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Sorry but you have always had to sign the insurance cert at least since I had insurance through them - 2001

You just sign it when you recieve it and keep it no need to do anything else.

sonia ann
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I think people are getting confused

ncma public liability insurance cert. you need to sign
ncma membership cert. you do not need to sign ( nowhere to sign ):)

huggableshelly
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry but you have always had to sign the insurance cert at least since I had insurance through them - 2001

You just sign it when you recieve it and keep it no need to do anything else.

insurance certificate should be signed but not the ncma certificate ... or if it does then I've been doing it wrong as never have done and cant see where too ...

huggableshelly
11-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I think people are getting confused

ncma public liability insurance cert. you need to sign
ncma membership cert. you do not need to sign ( nowhere to sign ):)

yep thats what I was trying to say too

uf353432
08-05-2009, 05:34 PM
now see I got mine through today and mine shows a place to sign on both the insurance and the membership. I thought I must have been a dumbass - but I have looked at it again (having already signed it) and it clearly deliniates a place to sign which echoes the sig strip on the insurance - so I signed both.

When I am rich and famous someone will apreciate my autograph I am sure :laughing:

sonia ann
08-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I think they must be sending out different membership certificates now because my one issued in March definitely has nowhere to sign but......yesterday I had a letter saying my membership no. had changed due to changes at NCMA:)