PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to let anyone know about the situation?

barbarella68
06-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi just a quick question,
I have just stopped childminding for my brother and his girlfriend as he has just be made redundant. It may be for a few weeks or a months or longer so I will be keeping place open for him as the other children I have are before and after school.Do I have to let anyone know and can I borrow the baby if I
have to be inspected,the only other child I have in EYFS is at school.

haribo
06-04-2009, 09:05 AM
dont think you need to let anyone know the situation other than you and the parents ,and if you are keeping a space open and want a lo for an inspection you could maybe have an arrangement where you have him on the odd occasion to keep him familiar with you ? i cant see any problems at all .

Mollymop
06-04-2009, 09:09 AM
dont think you need to let anyone know the situation other than you and the parents ,and if you are keeping a space open and want a lo for an inspection you could maybe have an arrangement where you have him on the odd occasion to keep him familiar with you ? i cant see any problems at all .

I agree. Sorry to hear you are losing a mindee for a little while. I hope your brother can find another job soon x

barbarella68
06-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for your replies.
yes hopefully he will get a job soon,he is Master builder,does everything by hand.He makes solid oak beds and stairs all by hand is really clever and does all the normal building jobs,plumbing etc as well.He is 40 years old never been out of work. Worked since he was was 16 years old.The job centre treated him terribly.They are so nasty and talk to you as though you are a non person.If it wasn't for people like my brother they wouldn't have jobs themselves.:angry:

miffy
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree with the others, it's your business and you don't need to let anyone know. It's Ok to "borrow" baby for your inspection too if you need to.

Sorry to hear about your brother - hope he finds a new job soon

Miffy xx

helenlc
06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
When I had my Inspection last year, I "borrowed" my mindee - she was on my books and I had her but on an ad hoc basis, so I just happened to have her when Oftsed needed to come!! Lol

My husband has been out of work since the end of November. He is waiting to hear back from a job in the next day or two. He is hoping to be able to go to the Job Centre on Thursday and tell them where to poke it!!:blush: He has said they are so patronising and sit there all high and mighty.

Good luck to your brother in finding work - I hope he gets something soon.