PDA

View Full Version : My Learning Journey...let me know if correct!

Bex1
05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Hello

So I finally started minding last week..after a few weeks of cancellations because of gastrointeritus :( anyway so I thought it would be nice to take a few pictures of the little girl settling in and put it in her Learning Journey to show her first day and what she got up too! She also did lots of pretty scribbling with crayons and paper I left lying around to see if she was interested and she was, so one drawing she gave to her mummy when she went home and one I kept to go in her learning journey scrap book.

This week as she seems to like scribbling/drawing I have printed off a colouring sheet with a little bunny holding an easter egg that says "Easter" so I thought if she coloured it, or doodled over it, it would be a nice easter pressie to take home to mummy and daddy (she is only 17 months old so I dont think she is interested in a structed activity yet, seems to just want to flit between things!!)..I also printed off an easter border so I can take a pic of her drawing or playing with my easter basket then stick to the border and put it in her scrap book.

Please can someone let me know if I am doing the right thing or at least going down the right road with her learning journey book?

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
05-04-2009, 08:15 PM
If you do this and stick it in her book and then go to the EYFS book and find out where she is and link it from the book to the scrapbook. This is your starting point - when you move on to the next level you do the same and this is the learning journey

Pauline
17-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Sounds good.

Like Debbie says you now need to link it to the EYFS particularly the Early Learning Goals. Doesn't have to be much a simply note to which one it meets will suffice, but obviously the more you do the more you are likely to be graded higher in the future. :)

huggableshelly
17-04-2009, 10:16 AM
sounds like you are on track well done