PDA

View Full Version : Fees Help

amanda2002
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
have a new family that i childmind for, 2 yr old, 4yr old and 8 yr old.

I havent got the 8 yr old next week so wondering would you still charge her for him even though he isnt in my care.

Do you charge for bank hols even though you dont work them?
(i havent before in the past as i have childminded for family and close friends)

Thanks for reading
x

sunnysmile
04-04-2009, 09:42 PM
If he is contracted to be with you and it is in your contract then I would charge for him.
I don't charge extra for public holidays they are just a normal working day to me so can't help with that bit.

kellywestie
04-04-2009, 09:55 PM
have a new family that i childmind for, 2 yr old, 4yr old and 8 yr old.

I havent got the 8 yr old next week so wondering would you still charge her for him even though he isnt in my care.

Do you charge for bank hols even though you dont work them?
(i havent before in the past as i have childminded for family and close friends)

Thanks for reading
x

Hi Amanda,

It depends what you have written in your contract.

I ask for 4 weeks holiday notice in my contracts, therefore I would charge full fees for the child if notice not given. If the notice is given I charge half fees.
I was due to have a child full time next week and 3 days the following week before he went on hol. But on Friday Mum texted to say he wouldn't be coming as she is now off as well - I will charge them full pay for all the days up to their hol, then half-fees for the hol. days as I knew about that well in advance.

I also have written into my contract that I get paid for bank holidays, even though I don't work them. We would be paid for them if we were employed by a company so I work on the same principle! All my parents have been informed about this when they sign contracts and have no problems with it. My parents pay by direct debit and just make extra payments for school hols. and it would be a real pain sorting out bank hols. so I keep it simple.

If you haven't got anything in your contracts I would seriously look at it for the future and perhaps charge the parent half-fees this time.

Hope that helps.

brillminder
05-04-2009, 06:20 AM
do whats in your contract- or else there is not point doing one, i would charge and bank holidays

westbrom44
05-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Hello, I charge if the minded children are off ill, on holiday etc. I dont charge when I am on holiday or sick. It is in my contract.

I charge full usual fee for bank holidays and if the parent wishes me to care for the child on a bank hoiday, then I charge double fee.

I worked full time and employed a childminder to care for my son, and I was happy to pay my childminder as I was paid for holidays and bank holidays, by my employer.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-04-2009, 09:38 AM
If you contract says that it is full pay when he is on holidays then charge. the parents will know and be expecting it.

I charge for bank holidays if they come as part of my working week.