View Full Version : Work experience

04-04-2009, 07:37 PM
A friends daughter wants to do one weeks work experience helping me with the minded children,

Has anyone done this before and would i need to inform anyone eg: Ofsted?

Insurance company? Parents? or all of them

04-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Call Ofsted they will be fine about it no further action needed

You need to let your insurance know and request an Employers liability insurance certificate, NCMA sent my last one out for free but if they charge you its only £5.00.

Inform all parents via a letter stating that the student will not be involved in nappy changing medication or other personal needs and that the student will not be left alone at anytime with the children.

Last year I had a year 10 student as a shaddow, this year i am having a year 11 student who needs to do an observation and an activity so i will be asking parents to sign a permission form agreeing to allow the student to observe their child. You may need to do this pending on what the school requirements are.