PDA

View Full Version : cant remember how many children you can have at one time

sammy
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
im just trying to workout my new numbers i can have from sept as 3 of my children change into different age categorys.

But are you only allowed 6 at any one time? and 7 if i had a variation to care for a sibling, or would it still be 6 and defo no more?

Im so full at the moment but need to get prepared for all new enquiries for sept (which ive been told im defo getting one for after school care from sept)

berkschick
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
You are allowed 6 under 8 of which 3 can be under 5. Of the 3 under 5, only 1 can be under 1.

Any variation you have will come into your 6 under 8, you will never be allowed more than that.

So if OFSTED allow you 4 under 5, you can then only have 2 x 5 - 8 year olds.

You can have additional over 8's as long as they do not affect the care you give the under 8's.

mumtodaniel
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi

You cannot have more than 6 under 8's. I think there is a limit on numbers for insurance with over 8, but think it around 11 in total, not that you would that many I'm sure.

My son turns 8 soon, so going to get him off my numbers, allowed 5 under 8, so pleased this will go up to 6 soon.

John
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
all depends on the size of your home too, and over 8s it's up to you as long their is room for the under 8s.

John.

Demonjill
03-04-2009, 09:37 PM
all depends on the size of your home too, and over 8s it's up to you as long their is room for the under 8s.

John.

How do they work it out with the size of your home thing??:blush:

Mouse
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
At one time they used to come round with a tape measure & measure the size of floor space in your rooms!

At my last inspection I asked for my numbers to be increased as my youngest was over 8, but the inspector said she wouldn't do it as she didn't think I had enough room. I wasn't actually bothered as I don't want that many children, but it was interesting to know they still take it into consideration.

John
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
My first inspection visit before I became a minder 3 years ago she forgotten her tape lol:blush: so I had to lend her my fishing tape I use for fishing. And was told use your common sense for over 8s.

John
How do they work it out with the size of your home thing??:blush:

Bananabrain
04-04-2009, 04:15 PM

John.

I am allowed the 'normal' quota John but restrict my numbers myself because I only have a small house.

The most I will have next week is five, 2 under 5's,one 6,one 9 and my own who is nearly 11.

Seriously don't think I could logistically do more than that anyway. I'm absolutely shattered by the end of the week:laughing: