PDA

View Full Version : parent mail -via internet

mabel
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
the children I care for go to the village primary school, i have no children there...all grown up.

is anyone in a similar position to me, where you have not a clue about
anything...........because you don't get 'parent mail'
(because you are NOT a parent) but you are expected to know everything that has been put in parent mail !!
it frustrates me so, I don't get anything passed to me via the 6 partimers
I care for either

............if I hear these words again (from a teacher or headmaster) it was on 'parent mail' I will scream ! aghhhhhh

Polly2
03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Yes! I have same problem. Except the kids I have stil have paper letters so I root through their bags and photocopy now :)

melanieabigail2004
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
My local primary school send their weekly newsletter out via email so I contacted the head and explained who I was and why I wanted to receive it - he thought is was a great idea and now I'm never out of the loop!

Mel

sonia ann
03-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes! I have same problem. Except the kids I have stil have paper letters so I root through their bags and photocopy now :)

Yes this is what i have had to resort to as well or nobody would know what was going on.Some of my parents dont read the letters and I end up telling them after i've read their own letters:mad: e-letters sound a good idea I must see if our school does them:)

mabel
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
no there does not seem to be anything on paper here

which I am all for,

I might see if my parents can forward me parent mail.....I don't hold out much hope as they struggle with most things I ask for !!

manjay
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I do still have a dd at our local school but she doesn't always get the same letters as the younger children.

My mindees have been "trained" to hand all school letters to me as soon as they come out of school so I know exactly what is going on. I am always the one parents contact if they are not sure what is going on at school!

Mouse
03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I get the letters/newsletters first if they're handed out when it's my day to collect the children. Other than that, I look on the school website to see all the latest letters. I then add important dates etc to my newsletters as I know the parents don't read the ones they get from school!

I did mention it at nursery & they are now very good at giving me copies of all letters.

Bananabrain
03-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Parent mail does my head in!!! I've just spent about half an hour trying to access the newsletter and it won't let me:angry:

I know that we have to save paper 'an all but even letters from scouts come via e-mail now and it makes me crazy when it doesn't work.grrrrrrrrrr.

I'll stop moaning now

loocyloo
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
i usually ask the children if they have any letters, and will scan their school bags. one of my afterschoolers usually has letters from the past half term in her bag!

our junior school do parent mail, but by text. one of my mums has added me, and so now i get lots of texts, mostly useless, BUT i get them!

our infants do put letters on the website, but its haphazard, and can't rely on it!

x

Zoomie
03-04-2009, 08:38 PM
I suppose many of us should think of this in reverse too ... let the nurseries (at least) have copies of our newsletters etc.

Another point for Ofsted :D

kevlol
29-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I have asked if I could be put on the parent mail, but was told no due to data protection, does anyone know if this is correct? my parents forward me the messages, so far it is working, not sure what will happen if an afterschool club is cancelled and I am not in formed.

onceinabluemoon
29-06-2011, 05:41 PM
the children I care for go to the village primary school, i have no children there...all grown up.

is anyone in a similar position to me, where you have not a clue about
anything...........because you don't get 'parent mail'
(because you are NOT a parent) but you are expected to know everything that has been put in parent mail !!
it frustrates me so, I don't get anything passed to me via the 6 partimers
I care for either

............if I hear these words again (from a teacher or headmaster) it was on 'parent mail' I will scream ! aghhhhhh

You can maybe ask to be emailed the parent mail? I did and get all the newsletters that parents get. Makes life soooooo much easier

miffy
29-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I am on parent mail for both my local primary schools.

It was harder to get on the school I pick up from than the other which I don't deal with at all :rolleyes:

So it can be done - you just need the school to co-operate and register you

Miffy xx