PDA

View Full Version : is there a thread on here that shows

carla
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Development for childrens ages.

I may be minding an 18 month old child, and I cannot remember what they do at that age, is there anything on here that shows me what I should be doing with er?

Cammie Doodle
03-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Look in EYFS development cards :)

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Don't know if its still in print but I remember a book from my Nursery Nursing days..

Birth to Five by Mary Sheridan

Breaks everything down into months and different types of development - physical - gross and fine, social. language, intellectual, etc.

huggableshelly
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Don't know if its still in print but I remember a book from my Nursery Nursing days..

Breaks everything down into months and different types of development - physical - gross and fine, social. language, intellectual, etc.

Brlliant book, I too used it whilst training but lent it to another student and not managed to get hold of another copy.

I have child Development an illustrated guide by Carolyn Meggitt its very good and offers suitable activity ideas too.

sarah707
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
The books are great but as June says the Eyfs should be your guide :D

mandy moo
03-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Ive got birth to 5 also, from from 20+ years ago :eek: when I did my NNEB,
A couple of years ago or so Im sure it was still in print as I was looking at the time for a friend who wanted to check her daughter was developing at the right stages (her words not mine) :)
But as Sarah says the EYFS cards are the best thing to follow if its for you as a childminder,

sonia ann
03-04-2009, 03:03 PM

i still have my original copy of that book from 1975....its very tatty and dogeared but I wouldn't be without it:)