PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Handbook

pinklady
03-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Not sure if I've remembered this right but I'm sure my tutor on ICP had an NCMA handbook. There's also a divider in the toolkit for a handbook but I haven't received one and can't find anything on the NCMA website about it.

Am I going mad??:confused:

Mollymop
03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes you should have received one, but in the NCMA magazine "Who Minds" it did say that they were updating the Handbook and that everyone one be sent a new one, so that may be why. You will be sent the new one soon like the rest of us who are NCMA members

damen22
03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi, I received my toolkit yesterday - also minus the handbook. I phoned the NCMA to quenry missing handbook to be told that they don't do handbooks anymore, just fact sheets. I said that maybe it would have been a good idea to include said fact sheets for new childminders!! Still none the wiser if the handbooks still exist as above says. X

HelenJC
03-04-2009, 11:12 AM
I had dealings with NCMA this week.

I called to find out why I had not yet received my insurance certificate and membership details - all paid for last month. They told me they were behind but I was covered.

I asked about handbooks (as per Who Minds saying we had to download factsheets ourselves). Lady didn't know but asked and it appears they are not doing handbooks any more. I said I was disappointed - not everyone has access to the internet and they are discriminating against those people. Also, we may not know certain things - so why should be know which factsheets are available. A book is much better.

I think they have taken the cheaper option at our expense!

I am going to write to complain.:angry:

Mollymop
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I am sure Who minds said they would be sending them out to us? I better check as I won't be too happy printing out new materials not when they should send it out to us - we pay the membership after all. What with the waiting on orders and the poor insurance and advice I may end up becoming a MM member before too long:cool:

Mollymop
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Just found it in the mag -

From April you'll be able to get up-to-date inforamtion from a new range of NCMA factsheets available online at www.************* . the new factsheets will replace the members' handbook. The change to the factsheets will mean information is -

Easier to find

Regularly updated:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Available to all NCMA members as soon as it's changed - with no need to wait until your renewal date to receive your next handbook.

NCma amaze me totally!!! I know of 2 minders that do not use the internet. It seems unfair.

pinklady
04-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Just found it in the mag -

From April you'll be able to get up-to-date inforamtion from a new range of NCMA factsheets available online at www.************* . the new factsheets will replace the members' handbook. The change to the factsheets will mean information is -

Easier to find

Regularly updated:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Available to all NCMA members as soon as it's changed - with no need to wait until your renewal date to receive your next handbook.

NCma amaze me totally!!! I know of 2 minders that do not use the internet. It seems unfair.

It does seem very unfair. I seem to remember my tutors copy being quite thick and having alsorts of info in it including what items are tax deductable :blush:
I can't imagine the info sheets being half as comprehensive.

I think I might complain to NCMA on monday!