PDA

View Full Version : Primary school admission apeal

mrsbumbles
03-04-2009, 08:53 AM
One of my mindees that is due to start school in September, didnt get the school of parents choice :(

I have minded this child for 3 yrs and i am her only form of stability (says mother)

Mindee will now have to go to a different school, have a new childminder and make a whole new circle of friends :(

My other pre- schooler got accepted.

Has anyone been to apeal? or got any advice that will help our case?

Princess Sara
03-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Our reception class had to open another class (so there is now two reception classes) as there were so many that applied and appealed, and they had the classroom space to do so. We now have two small classes of about 18 or 19 in each instead of 32 with 7 turned away (or something like that?)

I would recomend getting the mum to find out exactly how many children didn't get in and starting an apeal, it takes ages.

Mouse
03-04-2009, 09:01 AM
I haven't been in that situation myself, but I do know of families who have made successful appeals on the basis that they want their child to stop with their current childminder, who can only collect from that school.

I think the parents need to appeal on the basis that you are the only CM they will use (perhaps think of a reason why they can't use another such as you are the only one who can offer the hours they need). You can't change school because of your other commitments there, so their child will need to be admitted.

FussyElmo
03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Our school has just refused 9 children from nursery to reception.

It was the same last year all wait to appeal and none got in!!

One of my cm friends mindee is one of them but we don't think she will get in on appeal as its a catholic school and the mindee is'nt.

Our reception class is two small ones too but when they get into KS2 they have mixed years. Our nursery class was last year was extended to allow more children in but if children move in the area or just didnt use the school for nursery and fit the criteria better they get given the places.

Dont know what my friends mindee will do as she hasnt even put a back up school down.