PDA

View Full Version : Parent (rant)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry to rant on here but I feel so frustrated

Had a parent come to me looking for help and I didn't have anyone else. 2 mornings for 3/4 hour with nursery drop off.

To cut long story short - when I was cylcing (yes again) to school her daughter was going to scooter along with the other children but she couldn't control it so skipped the whole way.

When we got to nursery my hands were frozen and I couldn't until the clip on the bike to release the baby. Another childminder saw my dilema and walked the mindee into the building and handed her over (her own son goes there and she is known).

This morning when she dropped mindee off I said to mum "what a fantastic fit little girl you have" and explained about the school run the previous morning.

Tonight I get a call from mum telling me that she isn't coming to my setting and stating the above.

I explained what had happened and she said "oh". No thought, no apology but "I am a school teacher and we wouldn't let children walk unaccompanied and I don't feel my child is safe"

What do they want us to do - I feel so let down as I wanted to give notice 2 weeks ago but felt bad as the mum was stuck.

When I asked her "what are you going to do now?:mad: she replied "do it myself and change my hours"

grrrrr why not do this in the first place?

Hebs
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
:panic: :panic:

i dunno some parents never fail to amaze me

venus89
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
It sounds almost as though she was looking for an out - if you explained to her and it didn't alter her judgemet, and she didn't talk to you before making up her mind, maybe she needed an excuse?

Sorry to hear you lost one xx

Pipsqueak
02-04-2009, 07:05 PM
how annoying for you

wanted to send a hug:group hug:

Chatterbox Childcare
02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
It sounds almost as though she was looking for an out - if you explained to her and it didn't alter her judgemet, and she didn't talk to you before making up her mind, maybe she needed an excuse?

Sorry to hear you lost one xx

I am not sorry - it was such a small amount of time and I was waiting around for 15 mins each day anyway

Just annoying that I have been doing this for so long and still get it wrong, especially when I didn't want the job anymore but felt committed.

Twinkles
02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
There's just no pleasing some people.

And don't feel bad about ranting that's what we're here for.

haribo
02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
its so annoying when you dont really want a job but do it anyway then the slightest thing they dont like and theyre off - no give and take at all.:angry: im having a few problems with a parents attitude and feeling really used at the mo so glad got a week off next week x

wendywu
02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Your mindee went in with a registered minder so i cannot see the problem.

At my local school we all help each other out. I took a mindee into school the other day for a minder who had a toddler in the car who had managed to be sick over herself, two other mindees and most of the inside of the car:eek:

As i explain to my parents that is the beauty of a close knit group of childminders we do not have to inconvience the parents due to any little mishaps or appointments because we support each other. Parents must trust you to act on your own intuition.

Because we all mix together at groups and in the holidays then my mindees know the other CMs and have grown up with their mindees. :)