PDA

View Full Version : disrispectful children

mushpea
02-04-2009, 06:01 PM
everyday i have to walk though a park where we stop and play , after a while all the local nastie's come out to play, when they appear i take the kids home as its easier than facing the hassle , we did stay once but the abuse me and my kids got was unbelivable, my sons wellie came off and this kid no more than about 8yrs old threw it to his mate and so on, i shouted enough now lets have it back please, and in return i got a earful of the most vile language ever, eventualy they got fedup and just left the wellie, another time this kid was standing at the top of the slide blocking it so i asked him to move out of the way, again i got swore at and he wouldnt move, i shouted again and again he woudnt move and this time his mates joined in and they were all laughing, we just went to a different park that day.
how do you all deal with kids like these, is it best to avoid them or do we go and put up with abuse? dosent matter what or how i say it they don't respect adults and just laugh and swear at me and i am afraid it will get out of had infront of the mindees one day.

Mollymop
02-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I know it is terrible. It is like that here too, at my local park. I put a thread on here a few weeks ago about a load of 7 year olds swearing at us as we walked home from the park.

It is worse than ever now cos the council has built new equipment, it is great until the chavs and their kids come out to play.

On Saturday I had a ball kicked at me and when it missed I heard one of them shout "ohhhh, death my football"

Makes me so mad, cos in reality I could easily front their parents and make them sorry:blush: , or if I were their age (7 - 10 years old) they wouldn't stand a chance but you can't do this sort of thing, can you? Alll you can do is walk away. Grrrrrr

haribo
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
not much advice really, its sad you have to put up with that. i think id have to avoid them i hate kids like that. im really lucky i live near a park but it backs on to a secondary school, the kids ofte come on it but theyre not bad at all , i can even ask them to move off the swings and they do it without battling an eyelid.maybe im just scary lol. seriously tho its not nice maybe you could have a word with a community officer and ask them to patrol the park at the times youre there? i did for when these kids were coming out of school and throwing stones at windows in our road :angry:

uf353432
02-04-2009, 07:42 PM
and thats why I moved to the countryside where there is a lovely village park and not a single reprobate in sight. I personally would walk away, you have to put the kids safety first (including the disresctful ones lol!)

Pipsqueak
02-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Report it to your local beat bobby or community psco (or whatever they are called). Thats what they are there for. you should not be intimidated by this group of little louts.
Does your mobile have camera facilities or even video or voice recording. If it does get your "evidence". You don't have to be taking direct pictures or video of the louts - just make sure that you get them in the pix/video, preferably on video as it captures the sound as well.

You don't have to put up with this and neither should your kids (own or mindees) - you have every right to enjoy this park in safety and peace.
You are part of the community

SimplyLucy
03-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Report it to your local beat bobby or community psco (or whatever they are called). Thats what they are there for. you should not be intimidated by this group of little louts.
Does your mobile have camera facilities or even video or voice recording. If it does get your "evidence". You don't have to be taking direct pictures or video of the louts - just make sure that you get them in the pix/video, preferably on video as it captures the sound as well.

You don't have to put up with this and neither should your kids (own or mindees) - you have every right to enjoy this park in safety and peace.
You are part of the community

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I'm sure if he/she called in a few times they'll soon stop!

angeldelight
03-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Oh this is just terrible

I would most def report it

It comes to something when you can not take the little ones out

Hope you sort it keep us posted

Angel xx

Andrea08
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
you see thats why i said it was wrong to get rid of the "PARKIE" he would patrol the park and empty the clean bins, give directions, talk to ppl and if children were causing trouble he would threaten to tell parents or police etc

we had a good relationship with our parkie he would let us help plant the bulbs etc all our parents knew him and yes he was a safe man ,,

i would report to the police and ask for a patrol to monitor the situation, no one has to know it was you who reported the problem but its a public newsence act,, parents will be informed by police it happend in a local estate about a mile from me and it helped for a while till the bobby couldnt be bothered re-visiting the park,,,

good luck and let us know how things are you dont want to miss out on trips to the park in the holidays!! x x x

mushpea
03-04-2009, 09:42 AM
thanks, my parnter said i should report it to the pcso's but i just sort of felt silly reporting 8yrolds and 10yrolds to the police, my kids are that age and i can sort them out and felt sily and embarased that i couldnt sort other peoples out when we were at the park, i do know our local pcso so when i see him about prehaps i will have a word with him
thanks

Ripeberry
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Problem is that these kids get away from it because they know that they will be able to get any adult into a whole heap of trouble and will be believed a 100% against an adult.
Also if no-one tells them off they feel very powerfull against strangers and i think that these kids do end up being those thugs who just beat people up for nothing on Friday and Saturday nights just for the fun of it as they feel even more powerfull and feel no shame as they have no reason to.
Sad, sad world :(

RedDragon
03-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I would personally keep away from the park but at the same time write an anonymous letter to the local Community Officers.

The thing is, these type of people don't play fair. If it was 1 on 1 most of us would be able to give a young lad a slap or even win a fight with an adult. But of course this isn't allowed (slapping kids).

These type of people with phone their mates and the next thing you know you will be in big trouble because there will be a gang of them. The fact that there would be little children there would make no difference to them whatsoever.

The best thing to do is find somewhere else to go - it's really not worth the hassle. My heart would be in my mouth every time I went there and I would not enjoy the visit.

Shame the Police in the UK are not a little like the ones abroad (Spanish Police for example, you don't cheek them in a hurry).