PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

Polly2
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
... to add a link to my newsletter from my website??

I am in the middle of building one from webs.com and would like to put my newsletters on there but don't know how or even if it will let me.

Any ideas you brainy people?????

breezy
02-04-2009, 04:58 PM
no idea, but I'm not brainy:(

huggableshelly
02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
<a href="http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/">Childminding Forum</a>

change the forum link to your newsletter link and change the forum name to Newsletter

manjay
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I use Microsoft office live and I am able to upload documents and add links from my site. This is how I have my inspection report on my site as they are not online in Wales. Not sure if you have that facility with webs.com

Alibali
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I use freewebs and I upload my newsletters onto it, it tells you how on the website help.

Polly2
02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Manjay - My inspection report is online. Maybe its just in certain areas in Wales.
I have put a link in for that but its really long - its the whole address iykwim it would be great to just have "inspection reportpdf" or something but at least it works.

Alibali - I will have another look at the help page

manjay
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Manjay - My inspection report is online. Maybe its just in certain areas in Wales.
I have put a link in for that but its really long - its the whole address iykwim it would be great to just have "inspection reportpdf" or something but at least it works.

Alibali - I will have another look at the help page

Must be different for each county then. If you are adding a hyperlink to the report you should have the option to rename the link. Sorry that doesn't make much sense but can't think of a better way to explain!!!

Polly2
02-04-2009, 05:39 PM
I can't see that option but I will have another look

uf353432
02-04-2009, 07:58 PM
yes you can on webs.

you need to create your file and then upload that to your website management - as follows:

Go to site management page
click on 'edit my site ' just under webs logo on left hand side, brings up a blue drop down with various options - click on Manage files.
upload tools - single file uploader
browse your computer for your newsletter.
upload file.

right now click on 'edit my site' again and choose site manager and choose the page you want to add your link to

type the text - like - Newsletter Mar 2009 and then highlight it
then whilst highlighted click 'link' on the buttons on the left hand side
on the pop up box that appears, choose My Files at the bottom of the left hand list
and then choose the file you just uploaded and click ok

and then its done!!

hope that helps