PDA

View Full Version : I'm soooooo angryyyyyyy!!!!!

chewy sweets
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
:mad: Just spoken to my inspector at the CSSIW and my midwife has refused to give me a reference- when i'd already agreed it with her on the phone.
She told my inspector she felt she didn't know me well enough to answer any of the questions!!! This has really annoyed me but what's worse the CSSIW have known i need to supply a new reference for weeks and haven't contacted me!!!
When the hell would i have found out if i hadn't phoned today?????
She told me that i need to supply another person who can comment on how i care for my son as i have no childcare work experience.
Gonna have to hassle a family friend now!!!
It's best to say i'm not very happy at the moment!
Sorry for the negativity but it's soooooo annoying!:angry: :mad:

aly
02-04-2009, 03:17 PM
this happened to me too. although I had a letter from cssiw saying my ex-boss wouldn't give a reference. I thought it was because I left after maternity leave......I found out they went into administration.

My friend did it for me. we do play dates together so she knows what i'm like...I now have her daughter :D

Hope you find someone quick

:thumbsup:

estrelas
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
sending good luck, hope it all works out for you. x must be annoying when they don't tell you x

huggableshelly
02-04-2009, 08:23 PM
hope you get it sorted xxx

mummyof3
02-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Happened to me too!! I asked a friend and neighbour and now I look after her daughter before and after school :thumbsup:

cornetjo
02-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I had a delay of about 3 months before I contacted the CSSIW and they said that my employer had not returned the reference. They said that they always chase up missing references, but they never told me, I would probably still be waiting now if I hadnt called them up myself.

manjay
02-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me! CSSIW had my CRB check back and filed it in a drawer instead of sending an inspector out to see me. I too would probably still have been waiting if I hadn't called to find out what the delay was:rolleyes:

Hope this gets sorted quickly for you

Pudding Girl
02-04-2009, 09:17 PM
This happened to me too with Care Commission and ended up stretching my reg to 11 months!! I only found out after calling them after 3 months of no contact, the headteacher at school I worked at previously had retired but I hadn't known that obv.

You are lucky at least that you can get a family friend to do it, up in Scotland it HAS to be a professional person of some standing. I ended up getting my GP to do my 2nd ref - who doesn't even know me ffs!! :rolleyes: :mad:

Stupid system.

miffy
02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I don't blame you for being fed up - your midwife could have told you she wasn't going to supply a reference

Hope you can get it sorted quickly

Miffy xx

claireLouise
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I understand your fustration, my ex boss after agreweing to give a reference decided he could't once he received the questions. This I understand, the bit that I did not understand he did have the courstery to get back in touch and all he kept doing was avoiding the Care Commission phone calls. After 6 weeks they conatcted me for a new reference.:angry:

Luckly my minister gave me a glowing reference for my work at Sunday School.

Claire

jibberjitz
05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
How annoying :(

Celtic Star
06-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Smae thing happened to me as my hv sent back form saying that although she thought I would make a fantastic childminder, she wouldn't be able to fill in the whole questionaire, luckily she rang me and told me so that I could get in touch with CC otherwise I would still be waiting