PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I want child after the settling visit

cuffleygirl
02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi

Advice please

I had two new mindees (siblings) yesterday for settling and both unwell so I sent them home.

One had a two explosive nappies, the other so much snot (plus cough) it was unbelievable, her nose was drawing attention from others, after constant sneezing fits it was dripping off her chin!

It took Mum 1.5hours to do what should have been a 20min journey.

I really need the money but want some respect, I may have successfully set a president but not sure I want the hassle?

Kelly
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
As you've said, you made it clear that you were not prepared to take sick children, reiterate thatto the parent. There are so many things going around at the moment, the chances are most children have something at the moment. Just make sure mum understands your sickness policy.

Good luck

Kelly

Blackhorse
02-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Why not go for a month of settling in time ? that should give you some more time to see how things are progressing....

not sure if this is of any help to you but that is something I would consider..especially if you can use the money

I would say though that if you have a really bad feeling about it you should probably trust your instincts!