PDA

View Full Version : help with 2 questions please...

butterfly
02-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for so long! I think after getting my Outstanding grading from Ofsted I just needed a rest from minding! But now I'm back with loads of new ideas!!!

I just need some help with 2 questions...

1. We're going to be moving!! - We're only going 2 doors away to a bigger house, bigger garden and less rent!! Obviously I need to phone Ofsted and let them know but does anyone have any experience of what happens next? Will they come out? Will I have to stop minding for a bit?

2. Does anyone have a business sign outside their house? I'm thinking about it as I think they look quite professional but I'm wondering what sort of cost is involved and where people get them done.

Any advice gratefully received!

miffy
02-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I'd phone Ofsted for their current advice about the house move - you may be able to continue minding providing you've done all the risk assessments.

I personally wouldn't have a business sign outside my house as it flags up to everyone that you are looking after young children.

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
02-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I'd phone Ofsted for their current advice about the house move - you may be able to continue minding providing you've done all the risk assessments.

I personally wouldn't have a business sign outside my house as it flags up to everyone that you are looking after young children.

Miffy xx

We agree with you Miffy on both counts. June and Carolyn

butterfly
02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Miffy xx

I see what you mean but this is no different to a nursery or playgroup really. I have an outstanding grading in safeguarding and I am secure in my procedures for keeping children safe.

I have always had posters in my windows advertising my services and these have brought me enquiries in the past.

Pudding Girl
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I have a garden sign outside, got it from Vistaprint and it's fab, but I can't show you as it's got my details on obv lol!

They are very large!

Pedagog
02-04-2009, 09:55 AM
For a sign try vista print, they now garden lawn signs, that could attached to fence etc. I have a link somewhere to get one (small) free, I'll have a look if you would like.