PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

Buzz Lightyear
02-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Well R started yesterday and it was great. Communicating was a bit tough what with the language barrier but I am sure we'll get around that over the next few weeks.

While he was here, I received a phone call from a parent who wanted me to take on his two girls starting tomorrow (now today). They came to see me pretty much straight away - definitely keen! Anyway, they called back and said they definitely wanted me to have their girls. I had a "bad" feeling about them though. First impressions... well they weren't great. I'm not a snob, far from it but to be a little presentable wouldn't have gone a miss.

Anyway, after loads (and I mean loads) of calls from them (I wasnt answering as I wasn't 100% sure whether I wanted the family), I decided to go with it. They start today. 10 - 2pm today, Tuesday 7am through to 2pm and then the following week although not known times due to both parents working shifts.

Am now dreading it all as parents went away happy with fees and then later questioned me over them over the phone - grrrr :angry: . Will be interesting to see whether Dad brings cash or a cheque but if it's a cheque, I am going to turn away. We agreed cash yesterday.

Anyway I hope I dont live to regret my decision of saying yes. So wish me luck, am very sceptical about today!!

carebear25
02-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Good luck, im sure everythin will b fine xx

katickles
02-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Good luck. I agree with what you are saying aswell re payment. Let us know how its goes :) x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/29/2945/294534.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

sue m
02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Good luck love, remember, stick to your guns, they need you more than you need them and if you upset them over the fees, tough, it's your business and what you say goes and there is always the contract! Glad it went well with R.

miffy
02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Stick to your guns - if they are already querying your fees they will take advantage if you waiver so don't!

Have you taken a deposit?

Good luck

Miffy xx

misst104
02-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh I really hope it goes o.k and you are worrying unnecessarily. Will try give you a call later to see how you got on xxx

emler
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Good luck (and I hope dad brings cash with him today!) :thumbsup:

haribo
02-04-2009, 10:09 AM
good luck. first impressions may turn out to be wrong in this case ,i hope so :)

estrelas
02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Dying to fnd out how this is going!!! :laughing:
hope alls well x

LittleMissSparkles
02-04-2009, 10:37 AM
:thumbsup: Well done on your first day and hope that today is going well ????

what happened when dad brought the girls this morning ??? xxx

huggableshelly
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I hope your day is going well xxx

Buzz Lightyear
02-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Hurrah :clapping: Girls have left. They are absolutely brilliant! Such happy little things and I have absolutely no problem minding them again. I think parents are just "one of those types" but he paid cash as I wanted, deposit and today's fee. Coming again on Tuesday and will pay again on Tuesday, cash :thumbsup: Obviously worrying for nothing.

The hours were however 10 - 2pm but he turned up at 9.15 and then picked up at 2.20. I'll let it go though as I'm already charging more hours than they need :D

Happy haooy happy. Oh, and I've another enquiry coming at 3pm who just want a one dayer! It's like buses - honestly!

LittleMissSparkles
02-04-2009, 01:51 PM
The hours were however 10 - 2pm but he turned up at 9.15 and then picked up at 2.20. I'll let it go though as I'm already charging more hours than they need

I dont want to burst your bubble babe but I would make a point of sticking to contracted hours now and set your ground rules or this will happen regular and there will come a point where a you will get fed up of them doing this and b you cant have them earlier or later due to your numbers and other children been there.

Really happy for you that your day went well though and hope that your 3pm appointment goes well too xxxx

Buzz Lightyear
02-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Oh dont worry, when he turned up this morning, I pretended I wasnt it as I had literally just got out of the shower. He phoned me and I stuck my head out of the back window to make it sound like I was out. Hee hee...

As for turning up 20 minutes late, he did warn me and I said I'd give him 15 minutes grace today but normally it needs to be 2pm on the button or we need to change the contract.

Am shattered now but the girls are great and just love my little one x

Demonjill
02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Thats fab. Glad it went ok for you.:clapping:

Good luck with the next "bus" lol:thumbsup:

estrelas
02-04-2009, 08:09 PM
glad it went well :)

Bet your exhausted

Shar
02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Well done you!! Sounds like everything is going well. Happy Easter. XX

sue
02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
glad it went well:laughing:

miffy
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Well done Ellie

How did you get on with the other enquiry?

Miffy xx