PDA

View Full Version : Good evening out!

ChocolateChip
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Just thought I'd share with those of you that weren't there last night- Devon cm's had a 'celebration' evening and amongst other things we all got given a free storysack!
There were also lots of presentations, a talk from an Ed Pshyc. (who was very good) and free food!
So if you get an invite for your area it's probably well worth going. :)

angeldelight
01-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Glad you had a good time it sounds great

We are not so lucky here though we do not get invites like that ha ha

Angel xx

sarah707
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh yes I was hearing all about it earlier. Apparently your speaker was excellent!

Glad you had a good time! :D

sorry you couldn't join us today x

katickles
01-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Sounds good, But like Angel we don;t get things like that here either well not that I know about anyway!!:(

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/29/2945/294534.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Shar
01-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Not here too!! I even have to pay for most courses I attend. Well done to you for enjoying the night and having a gift to take home for the children.:thumbsup:

buildingblocks
01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Glad you had a good time it sounds great

We are not so lucky here though we do not get invites like that ha ha

Angel xx

Snap we are lucky to get a free cup of coffee/tea

Demonjill
01-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Sounds Fab. What was in your story sack??:D

LisaH
01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Sounds like you had a fab time, wish we could do that here:( We don't get anything!!

ChocolateChip
01-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Sarah, I wonder who you bumped into,lol!
Hope you all enjoyed your day out!

My storysack is about recycling, the book is probably a bit old for pre-schoolers but they love the two recyling lorries and all the soft character toys from the story, there are also two scenery boards which make a road to drive the lorries down and some flashcards, a dvd, and a teacher's guide, not bad at all for free!
They had loads of others, Gruffalo, Animal Boogie, too many to list. I went with a couple of friends, so we are going to all swap round.

SimplyLucy
02-04-2009, 05:43 AM
It was a good evening.

I have admit but I was a bit annoyed when I was told every childminder is Devon will recieve a story sack, we had made the effort to go!

It's lovely that everyone will get on though, just wish I'd not actually gone and driven straight to Solihull. :blush:

Those roast potatoes were to die for........it was worth going after all!

This is the first Devon training session I've been on where there has been food and something for free, normally we're lucky if we get a cup of tea and a manky biscuit!

Oh I got the Flamingo story sack, Ringo (somthing like that), my sister took it home for me! We all got different ones in out little group so that we can rotate them. Katie (my sister) got Tullulah.:clapping:

Oh and I have a phone call to make today :blush: I was not impressed that I wasn't on the list to be there, thus missing me off the Outstanding list and the level 3 list, I had 2 answer phone messages of apology yesterday. :eek:

miffy
02-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Snap we are lucky to get a free cup of coffee/tea

And sometimes a biscuit :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

miffy
02-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Sarah, I wonder who you bumped into,lol!
Hope you all enjoyed your day out!

My storysack is about recycling, the book is probably a bit old for pre-schoolers but they love the two recyling lorries and all the soft character toys from the story, there are also two scenery boards which make a road to drive the lorries down and some flashcards, a dvd, and a teacher's guide, not bad at all for free!
They had loads of others, Gruffalo, Animal Boogie, too many to list. I went with a couple of friends, so we are going to all swap round.

Sounds great - I hope they do something similar in my area

Miffy xx

buildingblocks
02-04-2009, 08:25 PM
And sometimes a biscuit :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

we don't get biscuits lucky you