PDA

View Full Version : Two more Questions (sorry)!

carla
01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
1. If I take a child on an outing (which won't be often as I don't drive, or if we go to a toddler group, music group. Who pays? meor the parents?

2. When a new child starts, do u ask parents to bring sun hat, waterproofs,change of clothes, apron, for messy play. etc. Do u keep it somewhere for when u need it. OR DO U ask the nite be4 for dtuff?

3. When explaning the EYFS to parents, how to you tell them about it, which is quick and simple.

cheers.

xx

tulip0803
01-04-2009, 03:15 PM
1. If I take a child on an outing (which won't be often as I don't drive, or if we go to a toddler group, music group. Who pays? meor the parents? I pay for most and put it through the sccounts - I do state that their may sometimes be a charge but I haven't done it yet. If it is Playschool/nursery where I leave the child then the parent pays but would still have to pay me too.

2. When a new child starts, do u ask parents to bring sun hat, waterproofs,change of clothes, apron, for messy play. etc. Do u keep it somewhere for when u need it. OR DO U ask the nite be4 for dtuff? I tell parents I need clothes suitable for the weather, I have spare wellies, waterproofs, hats,gloves etc. But trying to get some parent's to bring things is a bit hit and miss others will willingly leave things with me. I tell them I MUST have a change of clothes in the children's bags but I provide aprons

3. When explaning the EYFS to parents, how to you tell them about it, which is quick and simple. I am in Wales and don't do EYFS sorry
cheers.

Hope that helps:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
01-04-2009, 03:30 PM
1. I pay for routine things like toddler group. If I go to a farm park/soft play which is more expensive, they pay. I tell them of my intentions a few days before. I have it on my contracts that outings may need to be paid for and that they would not be every week.

2. I ask for appropriate clothing to be worn, a spare set to be left here ( give it back every end of term to exchange for larger if needed!) Sun cream I will supply (don't want 6 different bottles to take out) unless they have a particular preference/need. Sun hats welcome to leave a spare here - and I do have a couple of odd ones from when my kids were younger. Aprons I supply. Waterproofs come under suitable clothing especially as I don't drive and we will still be going out:D

3. I printed something off internet about EYFS. Will see if I can find link or someone else may be able to advise. Most of my parents are teachers anyway or have older children in school so already know. Also, new parents, I explain briefly about obs as I ask for photo permission for files.

We all do things a bit different, do what suits you. Good luck and have fun :)

Just found the one I have
http://www.*************/mainwebsite/resources/document/dcsfeyfs.pdf

huggableshelly
01-04-2009, 03:37 PM
this is nice and simple to use

http://www.parenta.com/documents/eyfs/EYFS_Parents_Info.pdf