PDA

View Full Version : Back up Childminder

Pedagog
01-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Just realised I do not have a back up childminder (not that I need one yet), don't really know any other childminders very locally, and can't see me getting to support group due to its timings.

What shall I do?

huggableshelly
01-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Ensure you have a full emergency plan

add the backup childminder to your list of things to do

contact the local children's centre and ask them for advice and whom to contact in your area.

christine e
01-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Just realised I do not have a back up childminder (not that I need one yet), don't really know any other childminders very locally, and can't see me getting to support group due to its timings.

What shall I do?

If you don't know any other childminders then you can't name one but if there someone else you would leave them with eg a neighbour, if so, name them but I actually think naming someone is pointless really because that named childminder/neighbour could be out or on holiday when your emergency arose. I carry a list of childminders around with me to contact if I needed help. Hopefully you will get to know other childminders soon and will be able to name someone.

Cx

singlewiththree
01-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't have a backup childminder either. I have my mum and sister as my emergency contact should I have an emergency situation where I have to leave them with someone. My mum was a childminder while I was growing up and my sister is CRB checked as works as a support worker.

Pedagog
01-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I am fairly isolated and don't really know anyone locally. Have no family round here.:(

buildingblocks
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
i do not have a back up childminder. In an emergency i would leave the children with my hubby or mum as they know them far better than anyone else I could leave them with and parents would be happier with that scenariio than any other

nokidshere
02-04-2009, 01:15 AM
I don't have a backup childminder. In an emergency I would leave them with the first parent I could get hold of - they all know each other.

My own son had a serious accident last year. One of my parents had just left so I called her mobile and she came up and stayed with the children whilst I went zooming off in the ambulance. She fed the children and called their parents (I have a list on the wall in my office) and they all stayed here, cleaned up and looked after my eldest son till they heard from me.

Pedagog
02-04-2009, 07:31 AM
I don't have a backup childminder. In an emergency I would leave them with the first parent I could get hold of - they all know each other.

My own son had a serious accident last year. One of my parents had just left so I called her mobile and she came up and stayed with the children whilst I went zooming off in the ambulance. She fed the children and called their parents (I have a list on the wall in my office) and they all stayed here, cleaned up and looked after my eldest son till they heard from me.

Thats was good of her.