PDA

View Full Version : had to chuckle.....

Jules27
31-03-2009, 09:04 PM
on the way to school in the mornings I always pass a lady walking her dog. I had an extra mindee this morning and she said 'oh you've gained one!' I said yep, i'm a childminder (never said more than hello before) so she giggled and said 'I thought the 4 children were all yours!!!!' Put a smile on both our faces this morning!!! lol!!:D

sarah707
31-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Funny what people think isn't it??! :laughing:

huggableshelly
31-03-2009, 09:10 PM
lol doesnt it feel so good to make someone else smile

Demonjill
31-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah it does and some people have a smile that lights up their whole face. Makes you smile too.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jules27
31-03-2009, 09:48 PM
It made such a refreshing change from the odd looks I get, you know the ones when they are clearly thinking ' God she has her hands full, why on earth has she had so many kids????':laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

her8y
31-03-2009, 10:00 PM
I care for three children with differing heritage all under five and I had similar comment. what must the Gossips be thinking of me!!!!!

John
31-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I get this alot when i'm out with the kids or child, i'm dad to all my kids i mind acording to people when i'm out lol, i've even been called mum lol by one of my children, it's userly when he is watching TV or on the computer he will turn around and say mum oops John:blush:

John.

mandy moo
01-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I was told on one occasion what beautifull children i had!!
only 2 were mine:laughing:

LaUrA K
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
he he people are so funny they just dont think do they. i had an old lady asking how old the 2 kids i were looking after are i said there is just 3 months between them her reply... "oh how lovely are they both urs?" :laughing:

FussyElmo
01-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The best one is when your minding another child of different heritage and out with dh you can see some of the people judging you and tuting:laughing:

TheBTeam
01-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Not sure if i am allowed to admit this, (in case any of those april fool inspectors are spying on us:laughing: :laughing: ), but sometimes the last thing i want is people thinking some of my minded kids are my own!!!! I make a point of saying something about their mummys, just to make sure they realise they are not mine!!!

Love them all and all that, but some!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

sammy
01-04-2009, 07:19 PM
God knows what people think of me - as i normally have 3 under 4 in the mornings, one is white, one is chinese and the other is asian,

Normally when i have my 3 boys and the little asian boy i look after EVERYONE thinks hes mine! someone even went as far as to ask do i breastfeed him as he was clingy when i put him down!!

People do look me up and down !

RachelE
01-04-2009, 07:34 PM
I normally have a double and my daughter walking, BUT, today had a triple buggy! (borrowed off another minder and never again!!)

Everyone either smiled and commented, but didnt really say anything!
I had an extra child for the afternoon.

I'd love to know what people around our small town were saying about me this afternoon!
- even a Dad I always say hello to spoke to me today!!

Its so funny isnt it?!

Shar
01-04-2009, 07:56 PM
My mindee even has my eyes!! I wish I had her lashes, lol. :D

Helen79
01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Whenever I'm out with the double pushchair with dd walking next to me, I always get the 'ooh you've got your hands full' comments.

ds & my mindee are similar in age (15 & 18months) & people assume they're twins & start giving me sympathetic looks. I love looking after the kids, the more the merrier & don't think they're a burden at all like some people in the street seem to think they are.

mandy moo
02-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Not sure if i am allowed to admit this, (in case any of those april fool inspectors are spying on us:laughing: :laughing: ), but sometimes the last thing i want is people thinking some of my minded kids are my own!!!! I make a point of saying something about their mummys, just to make sure they realise they are not mine!!!
Love them all and all that, but some!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

He he he, your not the only one!!