PDA

View Full Version : Busy Bodies

Chatterbox Childcare
31-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Why can't people mind their own business or get the facts straight?

Last week I cycled my mindees to school - there was 1 x 5 year old and 2 x 9 year old plus a 2 year old on my bike.

I have to cross a main road and all was fine until the had to get my bike up the curb and lost balance. The child was safe, thanks to my bruised fingers.

Today I find out that "someone" (there was only 1 car on the road) has told the parent of the 5 and 9 year old that I was on a busy main road with her children and that the bike had fallen over and the 2 year old banged his head and he didn't have a helmet on. Thank goodness the children knew that he did and put her straight.

I don't mind be questioned but please get your facts right first.

Mum thinks it is someone saying "my childminder is better than yours" and I bet they go to school in a car everyday too!!!

Moan over and I am cycling again tomorrow!

sarah707
31-03-2009, 07:20 PM
We have them round here as well. :rolleyes:

haribo
31-03-2009, 07:33 PM
i think its great youre cycling to school with the children, youre also teaching them valuable lessons in safety so well done.. im not as brave as you lol im bad enough walking them to school:blush: people need to mind their own business,probably its someone whose kids are in the car for every journey :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
31-03-2009, 07:45 PM
For some people - other peoples business is w[Iwayyyy[/I] more interesting than their own:rolleyes:

good on you for cycling and its hard work keep your bike stable when getting up kerbs. I nearly lost it once with my son on the back (was walking the bike across the road, like you). Scary moment:eek:

Demonjill
31-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I agree you are doing a fab thing with the cycling. Dont worry about the nosies :D

My sis had her dd on the back of her bike years ago and she forgot and laid her bike down lol dd was ok just little confused. i thought it was funny no harm done.:laughing:

manjay
31-03-2009, 09:20 PM
I agree you are doing a fab thing with the cycling. Dont worry about the nosies :D

My sis had her dd on the back of her bike years ago and she forgot and laid her bike down lol dd was ok just little confused. i thought it was funny no harm done.:laughing:

Sorry I know that is not supposed to be funny but it has given me the giggles:blush:

I agree busy bodies should concentrate on sorting out their own lives before they criticise anyone else:rolleyes: Good on you for cycling Debbie xx

Chatterbox Childcare
31-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Thank you for your comments. Nice to know I am not the only one looking at the health benefits here.

Blackhorse
31-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Sorry I know that is not supposed to be funny but it has given me the giggles:blush:

I agree busy bodies should concentrate on sorting out their own lives before they criticise anyone else:rolleyes: Good on you for cycling Debbie xx

made me laugh too though :D

Debbie, I think what you are doing is great and the kids and parents seem to know that too!! Better not to listen to some people that have nothing bette to do than stir things up where there is nothing wrong..they are probably just bored and :censored:

Chatterbox Childcare
31-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Glad I can entertain

My red nose and yellow hair are off now and I am looking for your with my tickling stick!!

huggableshelly
31-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I tell you want I really really want

I want a tricycle that allows a child seat to sit over each of the back wheels allowing me to carry 2 children and when I need to get off it wont fall over i wont have to balance it and it will be as wide as my backside so i wont feel as fat LOL.

huggableshelly
31-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Glad I can entertain

My red nose and yellow hair are off now and I am looking for your with my tickling stick!!

I thought you were off to dust the cobwebs!

Twinkles
31-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I think it's very sad that some people are just waiting for others to slip up ( not that you did in this case ) just so they can ' tittle tattle ' it's very immature playground behaviour IMHO.

Tatia
01-04-2009, 03:57 PM
For some people - other peoples business is w[Iwayyyy[/i] more interesting than their own
Ain't it the truth?:rolleyes: Drives me nuts when people dip their beaks in.

Deb, I think you are tops for cycling with the mindees. I'd be too chicken. My hubby is a zealous cyclist (to say the least:rolleyes: ) and is always trying to get me to cycle more.

ChocolateChip
01-04-2009, 04:04 PM

I want a tricycle that allows a child seat to sit over each of the back wheels allowing me to carry 2 children and when I need to get off it wont fall over i wont have to balance it and it will be as wide as my backside so i wont feel as fat LOL.

You can get those trailers that will seat two toddlers, would that do?:laughing:

And well done Debbie, whoever it is probably just jealous that you are actually doing a more conscientious job than they are, so keep up the good work.

Mummits
01-04-2009, 04:15 PM

I've got a tricycle, but sadly only a single child seat, though loads of room for shopping, changing bag, first aid box, portable potty.... I was told they don't make the double seats any more and you're not allowed to have them as they were banned on some sort of health and safety grounds. Anyway, it's still fun when I've only got one kiddie and it certainly doesn't fall over. Hadn't thought about whether it might make my bum look better, but now you mention it I do feel a bit narrower!

uf353432
01-04-2009, 05:56 PM

yep the bike trailer is what you need - and its got a little flag as well to tell people you are there! I have one and am so looking forward to getting some use out of it this summer!