PDA

View Full Version : NCMA pack arrived but no PL Certificate?

Buzz Lightyear
31-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Does the public liability certificate come separate? I received my Childminding pack today and have had a good look through it but definitely dont have the PL doc. Mindee starts tomorrow! Have the Policy Number as this was given to me yesterday when I called to chase my order.

estrelas
31-03-2009, 06:00 PM
i was told i could still mindee without my certificate, as i am covered, obviously ofsted want to see it displayed! but nowt I can do about that

I'm very jealous! i WANT MINE:crying:

Allie
31-03-2009, 06:02 PM
As long as you check with ncma you should be covered

Allie

Buzz Lightyear
31-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I am definitely covered, I was told my Policy Number but thought the certificate would come with my pack. Obviously not.....

Pedagog
31-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Check inside your handbook, mine was folded inside.

Buzz Lightyear
31-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I cant find my handbook either. Have slotted all the other little bits into the relevent sections but Handbook is empty :(

rickysmiths
31-03-2009, 06:56 PM
You don't have to display your insurance cert and if you have a policy no ( mind we all have the same one!!!) and Ncma say you are covered you should be fine. You could ask NCMA to confirm you are covered in an email.

I think they have stopped doing an actual handbook now. If you have the latest March/April 'Who Minds' it says in there that they are doing the handbook online.

FizzysFriends
31-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I cant find my handbook either. Have slotted all the other little bits into the relevent sections but Handbook is empty :(

My PL cert and handbook came seperatly the day after my pack.

Pedagog
31-03-2009, 07:43 PM
I actually got two as the first certificate they had spelled my name wrong, so they sent another book and certificate.

bubbly
31-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I haven't got a certificate. NCMA wanted me to pay a ridiculous amount (something like £10) if I wanted a certificate so I declined their money-grabbing offer. Could that be why you didn't get a certificate too? I ticked the box saying 'No Certificate'.