PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a gazebo in the summer?

vix84
31-03-2009, 01:19 PM
I was looking at getting a gazebo for the garden in the summer as we are south facing but I like a small one that is easy to put up and take down. Has anyone got any recommendations or advice?

Cammie Doodle
31-03-2009, 01:33 PM
We used to use one but it was a bit tempremental in the breeze so we have just had an awning fitted over decked play area, this is so much easier I just wind it out and in as required I got this from www.primrose-london.co.uk

flora
31-03-2009, 01:39 PM
We use one, but ours is massive, just have to drop the legs down so that the wind doesn't carry it away on blustery days :laughing:

Sorry don't know about small ones, do you hvae a JTF near you, they always have them dead cheap this time of year :thumbsup:

funtoplay
31-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Went through 3 last year, all blew next door. Not going to waste money this year. However my neighbour had a hexagonal one which they used the past 2 years and has never flown away!!!

Going to used loads of suncream and umbrellas this year!!

Julia

Gherkin
31-03-2009, 01:43 PM
We have a smallish one that we used last summer. The Ofsted inspector liked the fact that it meant on even very sunny days there was somewhere shady for the children to play in the garden. Admitted last summer as it rained so much we used it mostly to BBQ under.

katickles
31-03-2009, 01:47 PM
We had a fab one that was almost self erecting, so easy to use but was fairly big.

Unfortuantly I was adamant I wanted it out for my dd bbq christening & it was a windy day - it got blown over & one of the sides cracked & it was bust :(

We looked at replacing it as it was great for parties, but I could only find them at about £150 which I thought was more than I wanted to pay.

You can get the ones that you put up yourself much cheaper, guess I was just spoilt on the one we had.

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/29/2936/293625.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

angeldelight
31-03-2009, 02:03 PM
We have one it cost about £60 pound from Argos

It is fairly big though - in the summer if we have a shower we zip the sides up and the kids sit at the table in the gazebo so we are still out doors even if it rains in the summer

I would not do with out it to be honest and the kids love it when it gets really hot ( when we do get a bit of sun ) the kids love to go in their to cool off

Angel xx

Toothfairy
31-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I use one as I have no shade in my Garden. I tie it to the drainpipe so it does'nt blow away. It was just a cheap one from Rober Dyers (£15), this is its 3rd year and still going strong.

vix84
31-03-2009, 02:54 PM
It is really windy in our area, and ideally I wouldnt want it up all the time, so it would depend on how easy it is to put up and down and if I could do it myself. Id also like one with sides too - will have a look in argos.

The idea about the awning is a good idea too - we have a conservatory so it would have to fit to that, but that limits where the shade is so maybe the gazebo tied to the drainpipe is a beter idea.

Will keep an eye out in the paper

Demonjill
31-03-2009, 03:06 PM
We have 2 medium sized ones. Usually use them when we have a BBQ they are very good until it gets windy when we have to tie them to everything lol

my neighbours have a small pop up one with side curtains which goes up and down in 10 secs dont know where they got it grrr

louise
31-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi, I got one last year. I got it from halfords for £40. Its a metal pop up one. Not the easist thing to put up on your own. If i remember right i started to bend one of the bars by accident as it was stiff to put up.My garden is narrow so i dont need sides and the gazebo covered all my patio perfectly.

Just found it. Might of paid 50 dunno now. Its the first one.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?srch=gazebo&action=search&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1

huggableshelly
31-03-2009, 03:38 PM
i have this one its lasted me 7 years

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6502210/c_1/1|category_root|Garden+and+DIY|12107492/c_2/2|cat_12107492|Garden+furniture|12107509/c_3/3|cat_12107509|Gazebos+and+garden+awnings|12107512 .htm

I stick the legs in sand buckets thoughout the summer as it goes over my hard standing area and just take the cover off on windier days.

nannysue
31-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi, I got one last year. I got it from halfords for £40. Its a metal pop up one. Not the easist thing to put up on your own. If i remember right i started to bend one of the bars by accident as it was stiff to put up.My garden is narrow so i dont need sides and the gazebo covered all my patio perfectly.

Just found it. Might of paid 50 dunno now. Its the first one.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?srch=gazebo&action=search&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1

I have a similar one bought from Focus Do it All, so much easier than trying to slot different numbered poles together. :mad: Takes minutes to put up and down. I use my through out the summer mainly beacause of the children but also i don't like sitting in the sun and having to be outside with them there is always somewhere shady to sit. Would recommend it.

sammy
31-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I was looking at getting a gazebo for the garden in the summer as we are south facing but I like a small one that is easy to put up and take down. Has anyone got any recommendations or advice?

i got this one http://www.gardenfurniturecentre.co.uk/acatalog/400cm-x-300cm-Gazebo.html it was about £60 cheaper when i bought it, i leave it out all year round, did have a problem when it snowed though as it all collapsed in, but still managed to put it up again!! its so pretty and had lots of parties under it last year, birthdays, halloween, fireworks (can leave all the mess out til the next day if you want and no-one notices!!) not like in the house every thing has to be cleaned at end of day.

sarah707
31-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I had one last year and it was brilliant! Sadly it collapsed when I tried to put it down.

I was looking at awnings but don't have anywhere to fit one, so I'll be hunting for a new gazebo soon :D

Angela234
31-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I brought a small one from woolworths 2 years ago very cheap (ofsted loved it she saw photo) i put it up on the patio outside my lounge window in the corner so doesn't blow away/over.
Great for babies to sit under as well as older ones.

Angela

rickysmiths
31-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I've got a 10ft square one, a 9ft square one and a chiildrens small one. I couldn't manage without in the summer, the garden faces due south. I put the paddling pool sand pit and rockers etc under them. We use the sides as well.

The adult size ones are pop up styleand came from QVC about £55 each and we have had one five years this summer and the other 4 years, both are still going strong. (They have guy ropes for the times it gets windy)