PDA

View Full Version : my new mindee

estrelas
31-03-2009, 08:31 AM
has chicken pox!!! :eek:
Blooming heck, thought it was going to well
How long are they normally off for?

Poor little thing, apparently she is covered!!

littletreasures
31-03-2009, 08:33 AM
They should be off for 5 days from the start of the spots.

It is rife at the preschool my mindee goes to. J hasn't caught it yet, although my baby mindee has caught it from somewhere, perhaps J is just a carrier!!!

sarah707
31-03-2009, 08:51 AM
There is loads of it over here too!

Enjoy your time off :laughing:

angeldelight
31-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Enjoy the break

Hope little one gets well soon

Angel xx

Mouse
31-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Poor little thing!

Do they have to stay off for chicken pox? Last year one of my mindees had it. Everyone else had already had it, she wasn't ill with it, though we stayed away from toddler groups etc for a week. I said she could still come to me as long as she was fine in herself. I did check with the other parents that they were happy for her to keep coming.
Should she have stayed away?

donnadoo2004200
31-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I think she should have stayed away it a contagious desiese. There was 6 children from our playgroup off with it too last week. It everywhere.

huggableshelly
31-03-2009, 12:08 PM
enjoy your break!

Jen4Kids
31-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh no, poor little dot :(

At my dd preschool, they had a chicken pox outbreak. We were told to keep them away untill the spots dried up - we all thought that was a bit vague :rolleyes:

cara1235
31-03-2009, 06:17 PM
i had this happen a couple of years ago one mindee got the pox over the weekend then on the monday found spots on another mindee informed all parents and they said they were happy for me to carry on minding all of the infected ones as they wanted there kids to catch it early so i eventually ended up with 4 mindees with me with the pox and only one didnt catch it!! i must say that all of them were fine with it and none were really poorly if that had been the case i would have said i couldnt look after them. i did get all parents to sign a letter to say they were happy for me to carry on minding whilst the others had the pox just to cover myself really.
it was one of the best weeks of minding i had done in a longtime, lots of cuddles and storytimes and a fab way to bond!! lol

Demonjill
31-03-2009, 09:26 PM
i had this happen a couple of years ago one mindee got the pox over the weekend then on the monday found spots on another mindee informed all parents and they said they were happy for me to carry on minding all of the infected ones as they wanted there kids to catch it early so i eventually ended up with 4 mindees with me with the pox and only one didnt catch it!! i must say that all of them were fine with it and none were really poorly if that had been the case i would have said i couldnt look after them. i did get all parents to sign a letter to say they were happy for me to carry on minding whilst the others had the pox just to cover myself really.
it was one of the best weeks of minding i had done in a longtime, lots of cuddles and storytimes and a fab way to bond!! lol

lol this is what happened with my dd when she was younger. I told friends she had pox and they all brought their kids round to catch it too. Think 5 out of 7 did lol